What's on your bench? 03-24-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Looks like you've got some big and old iron there Randy W:cheers:

I've got this for now. Probably won't get much saw stuff done in the next little bit. I do need to finish the muffler for the husky 50 so I can get it off the bench.

IMG_20130322_105355_371_zps9555088f.jpg

Congrats dooooooood!! Repped!!

Cleaned up my 361 and tried to retune the carb but I really need to be taught how so back on the shelf til I send it out for porting and they will reset it anyways.

I was out milling Friday and Saturday, rested today, and its supposed to snow significantly tomorrow.:mad: After/between snow cleanup, I hope to disassemble a couple o' new to me saws. Both need a serious cleaning and degreasing. The 024 is gonna need some parts, but will run. The 394xp just needs a bath. I may pull the oil pump from my 066BB again since I'm still not happy with its output.

Ongoing 066 money pit project, a really decent SP-81 I snagged this week that needs a crank, a very nice Lombard 42 I picked up today for 40 bux that needs spark, and the freekin' Holy Grail of the Husky 50 series crowd. Was sittin' in a box o' nasty 55's I got last summer for 30 bux. Just happened to start rootin' through it today, and whaddya know? Even have a near mint case and plastics for it that's just been sitting here waiting for a top end. Cylinder is very nice and the piston only has some intake scuff that should polish right up. Exhaust side still has the machining marks and is clean as a whistle.

WoooooHooooo!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I had something interesting happen this weekend. I hired a small tree service to climb and lower down some large cottonwood limbs on 3 trees that were up to 70ft tall, and close to the house and garage.

After the first tree, the pull cord broke on their 192t, and they did not have another climbing saw along.

None of the 3 guys at my house knew how to put a recoil rope back on a saw, so I offered to do it.

After I finished that, I started the saw and noticed how bad it ran, and refused to idle. I asked them if they wanted me to make it run better, and they said yes please.

The carb screws were 2 1/2 turns on the L, and zero turns on the high!

The saw ran pretty good with 1 1/2 on the low, and 3/4 on the high (against the limiter tab), but it could have been a little richer.

They cut a few extra limbs for me for free, so we all ended up happy. And no, I really have no interest in fixing all of their saws...

Not a saw, not on my bench but about 20 feet from my bench, and one hell of a project.

Tree service owed the shop some money, couldn't pay up so this was better than getting stiffed.

This is all from one Ash tree, quartering the bigger chunks and started splitting today.

DSCN3442_zps317a83fc.jpg

DSCN3433_zps823275b5.jpg

DSCN3438_zps7341b617.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing really on the bench right this minute. Got a Poulan 47 laying by it waiting for me to get some time for it. Had a customers 044 on the bench the other day for a top end job.

Owner brought me a 10mm piston which he thought it was, turns out its a 12mm saw, now I'm waiting on a piston. Should be no problem with a 10mm jug on a 12mm saw right?

The main project right now is to finish the "box" Chris and I have been building to mount on my small trailer to haul our saws to the GTG's to keep them from getting beat up on each other and to keep them secure on the overnight trips.

IDK what's on my bench.....have not been able to access my bench in about 2 weeks due to broken right ankle:mad:

I cleaned up a little Poulan 2150 that runs great with a MM but would not oil, replaced with another oilier I had in another saw and still no go, both gears are worn out, will be looking for another. Next will be a Homelite XL923 I have 3 and all will run but I am just going to build one for my collection.

Photo0764_zpse47c42d5.jpg

Photo0767_zpsababd481.jpg

Pioneer farmsaw that runs perfect getting its chain salvaged. Looked like stevie wonder tried sharpening it with a die grinder... Also have a pioneer 450, with a freshly sealed magneto waiting to go back together. And a pioneer/iel HM needing fuel system work. Also have 2 stihls needing carb kits. Also have to fix my big compressor.

Back