What's on your bench? 08-29-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a stainless Ruger Mark II Target slab side:rock:

DPP_0024-M.jpg

Its too bad handguns are "basically" outlawed in Canada, unless you have a super special restricted license or a trapper

Its too bad handguns are "basically" outlawed in Canada, unless you have a super special restricted license or a trapper

Here in Detroit all you need is a criminal record. By the way a prisoner stabbed a Sheriff with a comb made into a knife going to court to be sentenced for robbery and car jacking,so he overpowered the gunless Sheriff and undressed him and put his uniform and escaped from the courthouse and carjacked a little old lady and took off and still hasn't been found.

P.S. he was out on parole for robbery and carjacking.

Sorry about the hi-jack carry on....

Last edited:
And a casual reader knows that they are unloaded by the hammer being cocked and the barrel is aimed?? Looks like shooting to me. So irresponsible.

Worry not Young Bison. It is just a picture to display the revolvers and a daughters smile.

Brad is safe around guns, I've shot with him.

He would allow nothing on earth to harm that child.

And I don't want a form where we have disclaimers about the obvious.

Just sayin.

Hey Brad!!

480 or 475. Whose mold?

Nice.

480, 400gr @1200 fps is enough for me. I've shot several 475's and that slightly higher velocity comes at a tremendous increase in recoil.

Both molds are MiHec Cramer style molds made in brass. I'll have to post a pic when I get back to my laptop

480, 400gr @1200 fps is enough for me. I've shot several 475's and that slightly higher velocity comes at a tremendous increase in recoil.

Both molds are MiHec Cramer style molds made in brass. I'll have to post a pic when I get back to my laptop

Oh I don't shoot full house loads all the time. Lol

11 gr of 231. Very friendly.

I shot the big guns most every day for 3 years.

You got the SRH?

Yes, 7 1/2" and shortly after they were introduced. I've put over 4000 rounds through it, but mostly 275 and 310 gr @ 1000 GPS with blue dot and unique respectively. It is an incredibly accurate gun. I need to pick up another and cut it to 5"

Well, also on the bench over the weekend was...

The 7hp Sea King...

A Clinton engine, but I wonder if it isn't a Tecumseh design or something. Parts are getting hard to find, so I'd love to be able to cross reference it.

It pushes the 12' boat its attached to pretty well... :msp_sneaky:

HPIM0594_zpsb161bf84.jpg

HPIM0595_zps0386a542.jpg

Anyway, I had it out, and the carb was pouring gas out of it, figured the float had stuck. Off came the carb...

Walbro LMB carb, parts getting hard to find for it also...

Picture385_zps8102abe4.jpg

Bowl off...

Picture388_zps94719b2c.jpg

Picture389_zps44878651.jpg

Got it cleaned and back together, priming it shows no leaks now, and it holds pressure.

Am planning on trying it out this Friday.... :)

Well, also on the bench over the weekend was...

The 7hp Sea King...

A Clinton engine, but I wonder if it isn't a Tecumseh design or something. Parts are getting hard to find, so I'd love to be able to cross reference it.

It pushes the 12' boat its attached to pretty well... :msp_sneaky:

Anyway, I had it out, and the carb was pouring gas out of it, figured the float had stuck. Off came the carb...

Got it cleaned and back together, priming it shows no leaks now, and it holds pressure.

Am planning on trying it out this Friday.... :)

There are some hardcore boat motor collectors out there. I could see getting into them myself. There is a guy up the road that has a plethora of them. Pretty cool stuff, reminds me of the CAD community in a way.
On a side note, it is a amazing what some of these smaller motors will push effectively. I have a composite boat (which isn't light), mated with a 4hp older Evinrude, and I can get it to plane out and move along pretty well.

Its a 127cc's, so it does pretty well.

When its running.

I swear, it runs perfectly in a trash can, get it on the water and it'll never start...

I guess next time I'll have to tie the trash can to the back of the boat... :laugh:

But the 1.2hp Gamefisher freebie I acquired from a buddy pushes it along well enough for river fishing and such, with the electric trolling motor as backup. A lot lighter to haul around too.

Picture382_zps5c82e957.jpg
[/URL]

Buddy give me a number for a 5hp sea king to check on. May be the next one up on the bench soon if its running order...

I already have a parts motor (needs seals is all), if they would happen to be from the same era and manufacturer.

Reminds me, I need to pick up an in-line fuel filter for the remote tank...

Last edited:
Well, got to test out the ol' outboard yesterday....

Picture541_zpsc8f115e8.jpg

It did better than my fishing....

I had 4-5 bites, and a couple jumpers, but they all got off afore I could get them to the boat.

Guess they were just saving me from having to get the hooks out.. :)

Still count don't they? :msp_razz:

It still seems a little rich, lacking a little bit of power me thinks, will have to see how many turns I have the high speed jet out.

Back