What's on your bench? 5-7-2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my new-to-me 011 AVT apart for a thorough deep cleaning. It's my first saw, and I want to get all the last guy's filth out of it :msp_biggrin:

It had a LOT of caked on sawdust/oil in the side covers and around the flywheel. I cleaned just about all of it out, looks nearly new inside now.

Going to do some reading and see how tight the chain should be (never tensioned one before) and I think I'll replace my spark plug since it's apart. It's got a bit of black carbon looking deposit on it, might be running a tad rich. I'll also be buying a new air filter element as well. This one doesn't seem TOO bad, but it's definitely discolored on both sides with dirt, might as well replace it.

Overall it's in pretty good shape considering it's age. I didn't take any before it during pics, but will be posting after pics in the next few days when I get it back together. This site has been a wealth of information and advice. Thanks!

I wonder if a guy could swap the low-profile fuel pump and cover from one of the early HLs onto a kart style HL and fit it under the 2000/2100 covers? I have a 1020 Automatic I might try that on.

I tried this once with an HL360 on my Mac 890 that I dropped an SP125 motor into and what I found was the carb body was just taller. Even with a low profile pump cover it was still banging the bottom of the airbox. Never tried it on a Homelite and I can't speak for other kart carbys. If I could find the right intake elbow, this 360 would go on my 090.

Chris B.

The Pioneer has to move over.Picked this up today!

Cool, here it is

183520d1305045688-partner-001-small-jpg

Poulan 4000

Poulanonthebench001.jpg

Very simple muffler mod.

Poulanonthebench003.jpg

Poulanonthebench007.jpg

I will have to wait till friday to pick up some fuel line and till wednesday to go find the throttle linkage and a air filter, but should be done by next weekend.

Same stuff sense last year plus a mystery craftsman top handle saw from 70s

I guess that I can't gripe. I've been working 13-14 hour work days five to six days a week sense last Aug. It is getting pretty ugly in my neck of the woods when it comes to finding any kind of work that pays okay!

I've got 7 saws right now that need some kind of work done on them.

My .02

Mike

It looks like this thread started with mention of a Tillotson HS-273

I need some tips on adjusting one, due to an idling problem.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or to a better category or thread, i'd really appreciate it!

Tks

Last edited:
Back