What's on your bench? 5-7-2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im working on a stihl 066 currently. It needs a new piston, rings ,cleaning, ect. would post pics but phone died.

About 6 or 7 Partner 500/5000's. And a Kohler 16hp waiting piston, rings, rod and other crap.

List is real long. Partner 5000+,Husky 1-238,2-242's,2-42's,1-old style 240, 1-old style 40, 6-44's,8-10 51/55's,2-350's, 3-365's upgrade,3-4 254's,1-261,4-61's,2-266's, 1-268,1-272,Dolmar 5100s, 6401 to BBK, then there are the Homelites 2-330's,240,C-7. Last but not least new Efco 156 to upgrade to 162 and a 181 to WP. And more! Wife cringes when a large oil stained box appears at the door. Hope I can get them done before Jesus comes.

Shep

It's not an addiction. It must be obsessive compulsive disorder!
Please do not help.

An 026 fuel line project. An 064 parts saw that I just bought. I was thinking about putting together the 064 for a firewood saw. The case is broke where the serial number is but dont leak oil. I put fuel down the carb and it started so that is a start. The lower end is good and the cylinder is good. And there is parts of a Husky 288 on the bench.

On the bench at the moment. Ms440 cleaning up those ports a little bit. I need to figure out how to load the pics off my phone. Its a android, Atrix 4G maybe one of you guys know.

I had to work today so just this evening I finally got around to rebuilding the carb on my new to me PP655. Gave it a once over other places as well and put a 8 tooth sprocket on it to replace the 7 that came with it.

I also got the rest of the parts to put my Echo CS-900EVL back together. Might get to do it tomorrow.

attachment.php

I like that P60 Mark. Lets see that 900 running today to. I got another 900 in the works myself. It was turned into a stock appearing race saw but then the class was changed to 80 instead of 100 so it went on the shelf. I don't think it ever saw the races. As long as no body parts have been modded I'll pick it up and see how she runs...If I'm unhappy then I got a NOS Piston and Cylinder to donate and bring her back.

I like that P60 Mark. Lets see that 900 running today to. I got another 900 in the works myself. It was turned into a stock appearing race saw but then the class was changed to 80 instead of 100 so it went on the shelf. I don't think it ever saw the races. As long as no body parts have been modded I'll pick it up and see how she runs...If I'm unhappy then I got a NOS Piston and Cylinder to donate and bring her back.

Sounds great Rick! Can't wait to see the 900. I still have not been able to get the manual oiler springs for my 900 but it will run without them for now.

The Poulan Pro 655 is a bit different then the P-60 at least from what the Pioneer experts here tell me. Internally anyway. I'm waiting for the decals to be done for it.

I should have a surprise to show you this week also!

Sounds great Rick! Can't wait to see the 900. I still have not been able to get the manual oiler springs for my 900 but it will run without them for now.

The Poulan Pro 655 is a bit different then the P-60 at least from what the Pioneer experts here tell me. Internally anyway. I'm waiting for the decals to be done for it.

I should have a surprise to show you this week also!

I actually got 2 900's on the hook. I'll only buy 1 though but if the manual oiler is working on them I got a backup here that works you can have to get yours up and running.

On the bench at the moment. Ms440 cleaning up those ports a little bit. I need to figure out how to load the pics off my phone. Its a android, Atrix 4G maybe one of you guys know.

Yikes. I know I've posted from my Android, but I've not uploaded pics. I'd just email the pics to yourself and muck with the upload on a regular computer.

I bought up a trashed MS460 the other day. Broken rod, smoked top end. I suspect it was a wrist pin retaining clip failure and the wrist pin walked out and hung up on a port. Anyhoo, the saw itself is a real winner, pretty clean and very complete. I felt very lucky for the $30 I spent :msp_thumbsup: and I think I have a crank and jug (might even have a complete bottom end) in a box somewhere.

This will be a NICE saw and my first 460. I certainly don't NEED it, but I sure do WANT it. Oh, I already sold the 3/4 wrap on it to help fund the project (a really nice one)... I just don't have any use for those...I just don't ever fell.

I actually got 2 900's on the hook. I'll only buy 1 though but if the manual oiler is working on them I got a backup here that works you can have to get yours up and running.

Thanks Rick, I should explain that I actually only need the 2 springs that go in the inlet and outlet fittings on the manual pump. Those fittings are actually check valves and were missing the springs and check balls.

I ended up blocking the check valves off since the auto oiler will not work if the manual wont.

I have the new check balls and may try to rig up the springs but if I cannot, I'll let you know.

On another note, I could use a complete handguard setup if you ever run across one. I thought I had one from a member here but I guess not.

Thanks Mark. We were supposed to go north and get McCullochs, that didn't go, went into Humboldt for the 2100S instead. I'm happy I did.
It will get the standard go over, needs field stripped and cleaned. The carb might be an issue, parts are in a box, didn't see any needles. It has an HL244A, will needles from any HLs work?

Thanks Mark. We were supposed to go north and get McCullochs, that didn't go, went into Humboldt for the 2100S instead. I'm happy I did.
It will get the standard go over, needs field stripped and cleaned. The carb might be an issue, parts are in a box, didn't see any needles. It has an HL244A, will needles from any HLs work?

I think you would be ok if you get the RK-88HL kit, they come with the needle and seat if I remember right.

They don't come with the inlet needle spring though.

Whoops, I read that again and it seems you need the H & L needles...

Yeah I think most will interchange, but I know some will not like the older ones that didnt use springs on them.

All 2100s I've ever seen should properly have an HL273A. Be that as it may, I suspect any needle from the C-series type saw would work--need to be long to adjust from outside the airbox. Although, the high needle is rather funny because it passes through the main nozzle (don't ask how I know). If you need, I can pull my needles and measure so you have something to work of off.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back