What's on your bench? 5-7-2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really nice looking saw Randy. Good to see you grab some red for once. Mine also has the 273 carb. You will need to find another 273 carb cause that saw has a funny idle circuit. I tried the 261 off the 2000 and it didn't work. The saw ran fine but it wouldn't idle worth a damn. You will also need the RK-98 kit not the 88 kit.

I worked on my Super-922 today. I had to order a new jet for the tilly HS carb cause last time I soldered it wrong. I ordered it in February and it just came in this past week. I made sure I did it right this time. Saw also has a funny carbide chain.

DSC00686.jpg

I also worked on my 4x4 atv. Had to take a piece of winch cable off cause it was damaged. Getting it ready for the GTG next weekend

That's a really nice looking saw Randy. Good to see you grab some red for once. Mine also has the 273 carb. You will need to find another 273 carb cause that saw has a funny idle circuit. I tried the 261 off the 2000 and it didn't work. The saw ran fine but it wouldn't idle worth a damn. You will also need the RK-98 kit not the 88 kit.

Sure another carb can work. I have a 2000 carb, intake, and reed cage on my 2100S and it runs just fine. The 273 idle passage is thru the base of the carb (adjacent to the impulse port), thru the intake elbow, and thru the reed cage via the tiny little split reed. I don't see how a different carb wouldn't work with the 2100 intake since the idle passage would be totally blocked. Maybe the impulse port is in a different location on the 273 versus the others. The only real problem with swapping out the 273 is the bore is so much larger on that one, anything else will be a downgrade. The airbox doesn't leave much room to add a kart HL.

Chris B.

I got a 576xp that has some serious internal problems (bearings). I hope it just crank bearings and not the rod. It will be an interesting saw to use next to my 7900's and 2071.

I also have a 385 that is begging to get built. I've been terribly slow with that saw.

Lastly, I picked up the first batch of parts for my 046 build. Should be a good build, I really like the 046 in every way, except the anti-vibe and air filter.

Well today I finally figured the weather was just right to finish splitting up this wood I had laying here.

Worked out to be better then a cord and a half of mixed Oak, Cherry and a few pieces of Elm.

Got to work on the Echo CS-900EVL and got it mostly done. In fact its ready to fire up soon as I put a bar and chain on it.

These are well built saws for sure. Compression is now over 165.

It got new antivibe mounts, new piston, rings, crank seals, carb boot, air filter, all new oil, fuel and impulse lines, throttle interlock, handle cover and clutch cover.

I need to still come up with the right springs for the manual oiler check valves and find the handguard pieces. I would think, new flywheel and clutch cover decals maybe too much to ask for. :wink2:

I put a new 8 tooth 3/8s rim on it to replace the 7 that was on it. Still thinking about putting .404 on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well today I finally figured the weather was just right to finish splitting up this wood I had laying here.

Worked out to be better then a cord and a half of mixed Oak, Cherry and a few pieces of Elm.

Got to work on the Echo CS-900EVL and got it mostly done. In fact its ready to fire up soon as I put a bar and chain on it.

These are well built saws for sure. Compression is now over 165.

It got new antivibe mounts, new piston, rings, crank seals, carb boot, air filter, all new oil, fuel and impulse lines, throttle interlock, handle cover and clutch cover.

I need to still come up with the right springs for the manual oiler check valves and find the handguard pieces. I would think, new flywheel and clutch cover decals maybe too much to ask for. :wink2:

I put a new 8 tooth 3/8s rim on it to replace the 7 that was on it. Still thinking about putting .404 on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damn Mark that 900 is looking great. I love mine and it may well be in my top 3 favorite saws. They are built like tanks and heavy but who cares...They run AWESOME! Keep up the good work and hope to hear it running soon :msp_thumbsup:

BTW I didnt solder all the holes closed in my new jet for the tilly hs...only the bottom. She runs but I had to go a little more then 2 turns out on the screws to get it to fatten up. i think the new jet is a little smaller then the old one and wasnt delivering enough fuel. Works fine though and adjusts properly just around the 2.5 turn out range instead of 1.25 out.

Damn Mark that 900 is looking great. I love mine and it may well be in my top 3 favorite saws. They are built like tanks and heavy but who cares...They run AWESOME! Keep up the good work and hope to hear it running soon :msp_thumbsup:

BTW I didnt solder all the holes closed in my new jet for the tilly hs...only the bottom. She runs but I had to go a little more then 2 turns out on the screws to get it to fatten up. i think the new jet is a little smaller then the old one and wasnt delivering enough fuel. Works fine though and adjusts properly just around the 2.5 turn out range instead of 1.25 out.

Glad you got the soldering down pat! :clap:

Na this 900 isnt that great to look at but mechanically she should be perfect. It ran pretty darn good before but I'm not sure why, it was low on compression and the carb diaphragms were pretty much shot. Someone had the metering diaphragm and gasket reversed.

Good thing they had the needle lever set too high. :msp_thumbsup:

I got lucky though when putting the clutch nut on it. I got a little ham handed when tightening it and stripped the nut out.

Didnt know where I would find a metric left handed nut but found one on the parted out CS-602 and it was the same.

038 AVE that is getting the 72cc upgrade. Echo 750 getting crank seals, clutch springs, carb kit with fuel lines.

Racing is interfering with my chainsaw habit.

Back