Whats on your bench this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt get to work on any saws this weekend. I did spend all day Sunday in Oklahoma cleaning up tornado damage. I got to run a saw all day long. 12 hours or so of cutting is a long day for sure. Who needs excersize

Last I run it was with a 32" 3/8s with a 7 tooth.

It would have pulled a 8 with no trouble.

I just emailed Kyle a parts list.

I'm waiting on a big box to come this week with the rest of the miscellaneous parts to this saw. After i figure out what I have and don't have its time to make a list myself and see what I can and cannot get.

I spent the 1st part of the day calling every echo dealer within a tri-state area to me looking for a rear handle or parts saw with no luck. Looks like I'm gonna have to take the bullet on this one just spend the 200 while its still available :censored:

Right now, cinnamon buns, almonds, and cans of catfood. Going prawning tomorrow. Almonds and buns are for bait, cat food is for us to snack on lol.

YUK !!!:msp_scared:
Worst part is when you get back you have to crap in the sandbox.lol Actually our bait is a combination of tuna catfood, herring and a locally made gross-smelling pellet-like fish food. Prawns really go for it. We usually come home with a 5 gallon pale full of prawns, split it between the 4 guys. Mostly floating around in the sun drinking beer, very relaxing.

Last edited:
not a dang thing for me, i can't find any project saws in this part of the country anymore:bang::bang::bang::bang:

My CL ad has all but quit producing any leads but I am still hopeful because it is spring cleaning time. I did get a email from a feller saying he had 4-5 old Sears chainsaws that met all my requirements of old, metal and heavy. Got to get with him in the next couple of days to see exactly what he has, got him checking them for model numbers now. Probably just a load of Roper\Bradley saws, but I am hoping for something special like a Echo, Strunk or a big ole Poulan.

I'm waiting on a big box to come this week with the rest of the miscellaneous parts to this saw. After i figure out what I have and don't have its time to make a list myself and see what I can and cannot get.

I spent the 1st part of the day calling every echo dealer within a tri-state area to me looking for a rear handle or parts saw with no luck. Looks like I'm gonna have to take the bullet on this one just spend the 200 while its still available :censored:

Kyle just got back with me and said everthing I wanted was probably still availiable but had to be ordered, so thats good anyway!

I got the piston coming from Canada.

I figured that handle would be a hard one to find..

A Mac 790, a Husky 350 (for pops) and a Ryobi SS30 trimmer. Gotta get those grade 8 bolts for that damn flywheel on the 790... it ain't show signs of budging.

Also still have tools to sort out... and the carby to rebuild on the Pro Mac 850. And homework... and my car... and... :bang: :dizzy: :buttkick: Will it ever end?

Tank cleaning, new fuel hose, filter, and fuel tank gasket on the 090...

I'll have about four hydraulic saws on the bench tomorrow.

Well I have to get my sons homelite little Xl a new clutch drum on.

A Mac 790, a Husky 350 (for pops) and a Ryobi SS30 trimmer. Gotta get those grade 8 bolts for that damn flywheel on the 790... it ain't show signs of budging.

Also still have tools to sort out... and the carby to rebuild on the Pro Mac 850. And homework... and my car... and... :bang: :dizzy: :buttkick: Will it ever end?

Tighten down that puller as much as you dare, pick the saw by the puller and whack on the end of it with a hammer. If you screw up the main bearings (not likely), they aren't hard to change. I've never let a flywheel stop me in my tracks like this. Maybe a little heat on the flywheel to help out.

Chris B.

Tighten down that puller as much as you dare, pick the saw by the puller and whack on the end of it with a hammer. If you screw up the main bearings (not likely), they aren't hard to change. I've never let a flywheel stop me in my tracks like this. Maybe a little heat on the flywheel to help out.

Chris B.

I did, bent some washers, put more under them, tightened them more, but I think the cheapo crap bolts are stretching. I will tighten it some more and more and try hitting that puller bolt some more. Will see how it goes. Doubt it's gonna come off, yet. Think those grade 8 bolts are a must, just haven't had a lit of time lately to go get them. (college kinda sucks sometimes)

Latest posts

Back