What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to me homelite super e-z automatic. Trying to come up with a flywheel puller for her.
Not sure if it points and condenser or magneto? Boy she pulls hard..

Attachments

• 20210930_115902.jpg
    20210930_115902.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
New to me homelite super e-z automatic. Trying to come up with a flywheel puller for her.
Make sure you find out if it is Wico or Phelon, they are not interchangeable.

I have of those here that has no spark. I will eventually get motivated enough to do something with it. Mine has an unusual full wrap top handle.

I have of those here that has no spark. I will eventually get motivated enough to do something with it. Mine has an unusual full wrap top handle.
Full wrap ..... I'm jealous! How cool is that, a mini muscle saw! I can't believe guys like tinnman and a few others don't do videos of these old saws. Just good stuff...

I hear you. The coil is black if that makes a difference?
Look on the flywheel for Wico, I cannot remember if the Phelon was marked on the flywheel. Both of mine are Wico which seemed to hold up better. The points box will have a different shape between the two as well. Coil, flywheel, points, condenser, box etc. are all different between the two.

Full wrap ..... I'm jealous! How cool is that, a mini muscle saw! I can't believe guys like tinnman and a few others don't do videos of these old saws. Just good stuff...
You want videos of old saws? Some of us members used to do saw displays/shows at Heritage festivals. We would also get together a few times a year just to show off our collections and cut some wood. Here is a link to one of those members youtube. Click "videos" towards the top.
https://youtube.com/user/serpent650

2 small Husky saws today. 136 and 141. The 136 just needed new fuel line with filter, new plug and proper tune. The 141 on the other hand was tore down to block and completely cleaned. New fuel line with filter, all new clutch parts, new plug and new pull rope. Also new impulse tube as they like to wear a hole in them from rubbing on the intake tube= lean intake charge and poor fuel delivery. Waiting on carb kit, ( Zama W6), muffler and bare clutch cover.

OEM muffler was rust rotten and clutch cover was damaged from improper installation over the bar with the adjuster in the wrong position in correlation to the bar hole causing the plastic to bust and cock the bar when running that would throw the chain.

I must say I do love working on these little leggo saws... so simple.

Attachments

• On the bench today.jpg
    On the bench today.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 11
Anyone have thoughts on this one? I just picked it up and after doing a little research, I'm trying to figure out if I got a hybrid or if this is the real deal 242xp. I'm planning to pull the top end off and see if the scratches on the piston that I saw are on the cylinder, too - probably looking at a re-ring based on the condition of the piston and ring currently. Still has good compression, though. Looks to be one of the closed port from the view through the exhaust port - anyone have thoughts?
IMG_4560.JPGIMG_4564.JPGIMG_4561.JPGIMG_4552.jpgIMG_4554.jpgIMG_4559.jpg

Anyone have thoughts on this one? I just picked it up and after doing a little research, I'm trying to figure out if I got a hybrid or if this is the real deal 242xp. I'm planning to pull the top end off and see if the scratches on the piston that I saw are on the cylinder, too - probably looking at a re-ring based on the condition of the piston and ring currently. Still has good compression, though. Looks to be one of the closed port from the view through the exhaust port - anyone have thoughts?
View attachment 933303View attachment 933305View attachment 933304View attachment 933300View attachment 933301View attachment 933302
Label on the crankcase indicates a hybrid to me. I'm going with a model 42 in wolf clothing, not sure if they can be converted or not. I seen one vid on Youtube claiming a 42 with 242xp PC.

Well technically not on my bench, Still have to make the bench but my 11"x30" lathe just showed up today and I got it drug into my shed for the time being. This will make turning cylinders a lot easier than my 6" lathe. Ordered it at the end of June from Precision Mathews, everyone is back logged on equipment orders.

Attachments

• FH.jpg
    FH.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 9
Well technically not on my bench, Still have to make the bench but my 11"x30" lathe just showed up today and I got it drug into my shed for the time being. This will make turning cylinders a lot easier than my 6" lathe. Ordered it at the end of June from Precision Mathews, everyone is back logged on equipment orders.
Cylinders for chainsaws? Sleeves?

Latest posts

Back