What's on your workbench4/7/12

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a rifle, pistol, loading press doing with the shot gun? Anyway for the smooth-bore nice pair.Do you reload shot shells? I do and use Blue dot powder, federal primers, Remington wads, and an ounce of number 6 shot. Comes out of my Remington 1100 at 1190 fps.20 gauge!Reloaded shot shells are much better and cheaper than the stuff off the shelf, JMO Ken

Buy the way, I use a MEC 600 Jr.

No Sir i don't load my shotshells.Tha press is for the other family members.I do beleve that RCBS use to make die's for shotshell's

I'm usually a one saw at a time kind of guy. I don't have another sent until I'm done with the last. Well, it didn't work that way this time. I finished up the SP125/101B on Friday. A MS362 and 066 were shipped together in the same box. I picked them up at UPS on Friday. Later in the day, a MS460 was delivered. Then a 353 showed up. The first three get ported and the last one is a friends that has a fried topend. The 0362 and 066 are already done and ready to go back home. A MS441 is coming next week. I'll be ordering a new 390XP next week. Both of these get ported. Three new 346XPs will be here next week. They only get MMs and go to my cousin. Wow, I'm getting tired typing about it!

I'm usually a one saw at a time kind of guy. I don't have another sent until I'm done with the last. Well, it didn't work that way this time. I finished up the SP125/101B on Friday. A MS362 and 066 were shipped together in the same box. I picked them up at UPS on Friday. Later in the day, a MS460 was delivered. Then a 353 showed up. The first three get ported and the last one is a friends that has a fried topend. The 0362 and 066 are already done and ready to go back home. A MS441 is coming next week. I'll be ordering a new 390XP next week. Both of these get ported. Three new 346XPs will be here next week. They only get MMs and go to my cousin. Wow, I'm getting tired typing about it!

Sound's like your a busy boy but that is a good thing.What kind of # did you end up with on the 362 if you don't mind me asking?

Sound's like your a busy boy but that is a good thing.What kind of # did you end up with on the 362 if you don't mind me asking?

The funny thing is, I try not to take many jobs any more. People talk about sending saws, then don't, so you never know for sure what's coming. Then, all of a sudden, there's a pile of them here, lol.

The 362 ended up with 100, 120,78. I widen the strata ports forward to the leading edge of the rear transfers. I widen the rear transfers back to the rea edge of the strata port. In other words, the strato ports and rear transfers end up the same width. I took the exhaust to 65% of bore width. There's little width to be gained on the intake. I opened up the factory exhaust, no second port. It runs like a raped ape, holding RPMs in the wood better than any 362 I've done before. No popup or squish band work needed.

[video=youtube_share;StXlWdGs0K0]http://youtu.be/StXlWdGs0K0[/video]

The funny thing is, I try not to take many jobs any more. People talk about sending saws, then don't, so you never know for sure what's coming. Then, all of a sudden, there's a pile of them here, lol.

The 362 ended up with 100, 120,78. I widen the strata ports forward to the leading edge of the rear transfers. I widen the rear transfers back to the rea edge of the strata port. In other words, the strato ports and rear transfers end up the same width. I took the exhaust to 65% of bore width. There's little width to be gained on the intake. I opened up the factory exhaust, no second port. It runs like a raped ape, holding RPMs in the wood better than any 362 I've done before. No popup or squish band work needed.

[video=youtube_share;StXlWdGs0K0]http://youtu.be/StXlWdGs0K0[/video]

Brad that that thing turned out great.I did not add a second port to mine either just opened it up more it really suprised me.I wish a intake boot was available with a bigger throut.

pipe046.jpg

Got the pipe on the 046 yesterday. still need to do some grinding on the exhaust flange and clean the pipe up and paint it.

I can't tell from that angle, but does the pipe have a support bracket on it?

yeah we put a support bracket to the top handle screw and a saddle under the exhaust flange to the bottom 2 muffler bolt holes. the pipe seems very secure but it sends the vibes into the top handle...... should work.

well nothing right now untill the morning. then i'll have a Echo CS60S on it doing a carb rebuild and a clean up on it. Then it's will be time to test it out in some wood.

All the pieces to a MS 310 :laugh:

Here a pic of it all in a box LOL

DSC_4992.jpg

Finished putting a head on my 01 cummins. My buddy and his girlfriend helped.

42576060-26ec-7d79.jpg

42576060-2722-56b3.jpg

Ported and polished, new head gasket, new 50hp injectors, new valves and seals. Runs good.

Next project is a husky 353 needs a piston.

Finished putting a head on my 01 cummins. My buddy and his girlfriend helped.

42576060-26ec-7d79.jpg

42576060-2722-56b3.jpg

Ported and polished, new head gasket, new 50hp injectors, new valves and seals. Runs good.

Next project is a husky 353 needs a piston.

shade tree. i like it. hahaha

That brace doesn't look very comfortable! OUCH!

I like seeing females working on things like this! Not afraid to get a little dirty!

42576060-26ec-7d79.jpg

Picked this jewel up at the flea market for a song and a dance! got to get to cleaning and tearing down. Sprayed the recoil off with a little degreaser and it cleaned up pretty nice, hopefully the rest of the saw will do the same. After reading up on the 288's I am glad I picked this one up. :hmm3grin2orange:

288xp1.jpg

288xp6.jpg

288xp5.jpg

288xp3.jpg

288xp2.jpg

288xp4.jpg

Only saw on the bench is the Poulan 5200. I am going to figure out a plan for the air filter, and I may tear into the PM Canadien 270, as it has been on the back burner for quite a while. I feel pretty well caught up though, I have been spending a little more time in the shop lately.

NOTHING. Finally there is nothing on my bench, I spent the last 4 days cleaning it off of all the projects I had been doing over the last I dont know how long. It wont stay clean for long but every once in a while its good to get a fresh start. I will be putting a different intake and exhaust manifold on my 47 dodge truck here shortly and I can only imagine it wont be long and half of my tool box will be scattered around the shop. Oh well whats a guy to do.

That brace doesn't look very comfortable! OUCH!

I like seeing females working on things like this! Not afraid to get a little dirty!

42576060-26ec-7d79.jpg

That's my buddy in the brace just had a bad Moto wreck. Almost paralyzed him. The girl is my buddy girlfriend and she knows more then I do about the cummins. She has a 99 dodge that runs low 13s in the quarter. Her boyfriend the big guy not in the brace has a 01 cummins dually about 600hp daily driver/ sled puller.

A John Deere 214. I love this old girl but I would much rather be fixing a saw right now.

Back