What's the most impressive saw you've ever run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RiverRocket

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Right out of the box Stihl 460 same weight as a 440 or 441 with alot more power.
2nd would be Dolmar 7900 great power to weight also. after about six tanks of fuel (Break in) these two saws really come alive.

Modifiedmark
Right out of the box Stihl 460 same weight as a 440 or 441 with alot more power.

Oh really, my scale here in the shop would say hogwash to that. The 460 is a bit heavier then the 441 and probably even more then the 440. I have a 044 in a box to be put back together soon and will let it be known for sure how much lighter it is. The 460 is a larger displacement then both of those as well so it very well should have more power then both but it dont seem to have alot more then the 441.

I have said before that to me the 460 is the most overated saw on AS compared to others. Not a bad saw at all and in fact a very good one, just over rated here.

moody
M

moody

An 034 Super impressed me today.

I got to run a Woods ported 562xp at the GTG and that thing was pretty snotty. But scarr's 288xp was a vicious work saw. Jake basically rode it through the wood. I've never seen someone push so hard and the saw keep pulling the chain.

cobey

cobey

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ran two huskys one maybe a 357xp? it ran super good, and one of stumpys saws at hedgefest both were great! the most disapointing was
my #2 cs370 echo in the saw races :msp_sad: its fastest for limbing and stuff. but several ran the pp5020 and said it ran good with the
16" b&c :)

Last edited: