what's the weirdest thing you have used a chainsaw for ....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redoakman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As the title say what's the wierdest/ dumbest stuff you have use a chainsaw for .
Since a chainsaw Is a daily part of my life now I've used it for alot of stuiped things. Some of the most wierdest was I cut I hole in my old mans barn to put a window in( that wasent supost to be there ) . my uncle tops that he used his to cut the head of a mosse . hahah so what kinda storys you guys got . pics are welcome

As the title say what's the wierdest/ dumbest stuff you have use a chainsaw for .
Since a chainsaw Is a daily part of my life now I've used it for alot of stuiped things. Some of the most wierdest was I cut I hole in my old mans barn to put a window in( that wasent supost to be there ) . my uncle tops that he used his to cut the head of a mosse . hahah so what kinda storys you guys got . pics are welcome

I use mine for cutting wood! :surprised3:

My saw was used on a hovercraft to cut thrust ports out of a fan duct sawzal would not fit so my saw was my close tolerance cutting tool.

I was putting up a pole building for my neighbor and we were digging holes for the posts. When digging one of the holes we hit a large locust root down about 2 feet. We tried every hand tool we had to cut it,but since it was down so deep nothing worked very well. Finally after quite a few unsuccessful tries, my neighbor decided to stop fooling around and sacrifice a chain and perhaps a bar to cut the root. He stuck the bar of the chainsaw down the hole and cut the root, dirt, rocks and all. Was pretty tough on the bar and chain, but it got the root out.
I have also cut beams in basements and crawl spaces. Exhaust fumes are not good to breathe, but chain saws are quicker than sawzalls.
I once accidently cut a black snake in two. He was in a small hollow limb; I had no idea he was in there.

I once ripped a white oak log that was used as a header for a new, and larger living room window. House was of log construction and about 100 yrs. old. Talk about hard wood! My old Mac 1-10 made it about 1/2 way and gave up. Had to borrow a friends new saw, and he insisted that he come along to operate it. Smart move on his behalf.

Lots of noise and fumes in the living room that day. The exhaust from the saws left a brown track on the ceiling tiles that stayed until I replaced them.

Future use of one of my cheap saws is going to be a water saw to clear out logs that slow me down to my fishing spots after flood season. Id like to build a floating snorkle tube, sealed air box and a manifold for my oiler and fuel tank vents and a check vavle exhaust so i can run saws under water i know the coil packs can handle being submerged

I watched my grandpa cut up a dead pig with one yeAts ago. I remember the saw, and a few months back I found it in the back of the barn.

A MiniMac

I watched my grandpa cut up a dead pig with one yeAts ago. I remember the saw, and a few months back I found it in the back of the barn.

A MiniMac
People who butcher hogs use chain saws to split the carcass in half. They use canola oil (or something similar) instead of bar oil. The saw is used only for that purpose.

The original part of my old farmhouse is log constructed with hand hewn beams for floor joists. I used my 2036 to plunge cut about a 3 inch square hole through to run a 2 inch drain pipe down from my clothes washer.

Another interesting time is when I got my first kayak. Like any new toy, I couldn't wait to try it out. Well, it was early spring and the little creek that runs through my 40 turns into quite the raging little river. Not the best start, for a novice, but it went ok and I was having fun, other than one fallen tree that was shortening my ride by about half what it could have been. The woods was too flooded to get to the tree on foot, so again, I took my 2036 in my new kayak, let the current pin me up against the tree, and proceeded to cut branches to make a hole. It filled the kayak with saw chips, but I didn't get wet until later when I tipped while getting out. Getting in and out of a kayak probably the hardest thing for a beginner. My wife and daughter thought the whole episode was quite funny.

Back