Where are all the old regulars ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex you know I would never want to see anyone get banned. I have been banned myself and I know how it feels. You guys make some good points about bringing Butch back. I just have to chime in on every post while I am working waiting for a server to reboot, a backup to take. I bill clients to surf the web. And you guys thaught I only installed Panda anti virus and ad-aware all day.

Enjoy the day my brother thank the LOrd this heat wave broke, I was spending way to much time in my pool.

Marky, I really don't have a problem with Butch being banned. I, as well as anyone who reads the threads, know it wasn't because he posted pictures of hamburgers--it was because he taunted the moderators, pretty much leaving them no choice if they were to maintain respect. That doesn't mean I like the atmosphere around here lately. If you really want to move on, that's great and I applaud that, but constantly poking fun at Butch isn't really fair since as Gypo says "he's not here to defend himself." That's what I don't like.

GASoline71 said:
Comin' from a new "rookie" to the forum, I would like to say that this forum is possibly the best one I have been a part of. I completely agree with what woodshop said earlier in this thread. I have asked a couple of so called "newbie" questions, but have had them answered with respect and with some great info! Maybe it was how I asked the question, I don't know. I do have a decent knowlege of saws and am very mechanically inclined. A forum exists not only for the members to talk, agree, snivel, argue, etc., but for the general public to basically ask "newbie" questions. I have been on enuf forums that I know how to use a thread search. Some don't. I find this forum quite entertaining, and highly informational. Comin' from a guy that is not a pro, but still cuts a lot of wood, and needs to have some questions answered. Thank you to you all, whether you're a "regular" or a "newbie"! Just my 2 cents.

Gary
Very good post indeed Gary,
If I may make an analogy, Arboristsite represents the roots of all other chainsaw/tree forums.
All other associated forums are merely stems, branches, twigs, trunks, what have you. Sorta like coppice growth off the main roots of Arboristsite.
Although the other forums have their individual personalities, AS is unique in that alot of history has been made here and subcultures started and is the original "real" chainsaw forum.
Not to mention the miriad of members past and present who have/ havenot contributed.
More than anything though, AS is the most tolerant and most fun forum to be on.
However, AS tolerance only goes so far and if you "Play with the Bull, You get the Horn!"
Now, let me get a life!
Hahaha
John

I miss Tundra myself John. The man who everyone went out of there way to run off was old Walt Gahler. It's to bad Walt was a very smart cat indeed. Well back to getting paid to surf the web. :)

Last edited:
GASoline71 said:
Comin' from a new "rookie" to the forum, I would like to say that this forum is possibly the best one I have been a part of. I completely agree with what woodshop said earlier in this thread. I have asked a couple of so called "newbie" questions, but have had them answered with respect and with some great info! Maybe it was how I asked the question, I don't know. I do have a decent knowlege of saws and am very mechanically inclined. A forum exists not only for the members to talk, agree, snivel, argue, etc., but for the general public to basically ask "newbie" questions. I have been on enuf forums that I know how to use a thread search. Some don't. I find this forum quite entertaining, and highly informational. Comin' from a guy that is not a pro, but still cuts a lot of wood, and needs to have some questions answered. Thank you to you all, whether you're a "regular" or a "newbie"! Just my 2 cents.

Gary

Hope you do not mind the quote?

I go along with this. Read the posts on this forum long before I joined. Happy to say I have learned and enjoyed doing so. I do not think my input will be of any benefit to anyone else, if it is I'm happy to have helped.

I have noticed an 'attitude' in the posts of some, over the last few months, easy to be brave behind a keyboard. Admittedly, I have also found some, 'with Attitude' to be amusing.

This is only my humble opinion, while hiding behind my keyboard!!!!!!!!

No names, but, if you keep posting, I'll keep reading and thanks for your efforts.

Walt Galer pissed off a bunch of people when he commented on Art Martin's
racing chain posted by Lambert. That mess went on for a while, thena few other
things, then Walt decided to move on. One of the most memorable threads ever
was one on bar oil, but it was on another forum. Lambert might still have it saved.

I am now very sorry I ever started this thread as it just won't go away ! :cry:

Let not forget Walt said he could file a race chain in 15 minutes, problem was he was a just a hair behind Art's. And for that he was run off.

Fish said:
Walt Galer pissed off a bunch of people when he commented on Art Martin's
racing chain posted by Lambert. That mess went on for a while, thena few other
things, then Walt decided to move on. One of the most memorable threads ever
was one on bar oil, but it was on another forum. Lambert might still have it saved.
Hi Fish, I had the whole thing copied somewhere, but it was a huge file.
I tried to find Walt a couple of years ago, but the trail went cold in Eureka Montana.
John

I just missed him last he was living in the Saw Tooth mountains of Idaho. Maybe he's like Ken Dunn always reads never posts.

Last I heard they were selling off motorcycles put together from old Cannnodale stock, selling Maico brand large bore two strokes from Holland, and thinking about yet another vision of the future...but that was a year ago. Last I talked with him we were trying to salvage something of the VOR debackle. Hope things are OK over there.

Weimedog,
I guess I should be looking into making a run to the A&W drive in before they close for the season unless you burned it down again...Rick/Saw Slut

Dog, yes Frank is still pumping out the ATK's. I have a 1988 406cc 2-stroke that is a monster. The engine is a Rotax, left side kick start. I get a funny look wherever i ride. Cannondale motorcycles/ATV's are now defunct. ATK is now making a 700cc 2-STROKE!!! :cool:

Check out: www.atkusa.com

or Keith Fearing's website devoted to the older ATK's:

www.americandirtbike.com

Gary

Latest posts

Back