Which brand do you turn to for stress relief?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand rules!

• Jonsered

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Homedelight

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Stihl

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Poulan

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Solo

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Dolmar-Sachs

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Echo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oleo Mac (Olympyk)

• Mcculloch (who? - for you old timers)

• Total voters
I will not vote! The saws that releive stress for me are OLD ONES! Not too old but old enough not to have E.P.A. carbs or mandatory chain brakes. Built before anyone heard of low-profile chain. When Jonsered was Jonsereds. Back when saws had POINTS! There is something soothing in running a saw that's old enough to drink. I've got an early sixties XL-12 that is still running its first piston and will kill a swarm of mosquitos in their tracks!

Thing have bben slow at the shop lately and I have been starting to farm.

On chainsaws,I just checked, I got 2 Jonsereds gased up and broke in a little, 2149 and 2165. If I could get some interest here this time of year, we could put those up price for price against 956 and 971 EFCOs and see what happens.

No fair, right.

So many choices.... Favorite climbing saw-Stihl 019T. Favorite Felling saw-Husky 268XP with a stack. Favorite limbing saw-Poulan 330 Pro. (Obviously I am VERY brand specific LOL) In the weird category-- I had Mono once er.... I mean I had a Mono saw. It was big. It was bad. It was ugly. Now It's dead.

Old Timer???
I have some mac's 120,130, 140, 310,520, a Poulan 4000 that starts when you pull it the first time and a couple of crippled up sears and craftsmans that were never going to make it in the big leagues and a mac 16av pro. My next saw will be the Husky 355CS for trimming.

The saws are picked for the job they must preform not for the pretty colours. High preformance means fast burnout.My Dodge Dart would turn the quarter mile in 8.2 seconds but you had to replace the 426 hemi after three runs down the track. I don't race my saws but the husky , maybe.

Latest posts

Back