Which gas cap do you prefer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gas cap do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flippy caps. Never too tight, never too loose, when they're in they're in

Screw caps. No brainer for me. I've yet to dump bar oil or mix out of a screw cap machine that I thought was on. As recently as last week I dumped a tank of mix in a bed I was about to prune. I'm not a fan of flippy's on anything, but really hate them on a hedge trimmer.

Flippy, because your buddy the gorilla can't over tighten them and force you to use tools to get the standard screw cap out. Although the gorilla might be able to break the flippy cap which will make him truly a gorilla! I will say that every once in a while Stihl makes a flippy that just isn't quite right, the one on my string trimmer was that way until I replaced it. The flippies on my chain saw have never given me any trouble in 7 years.

I was a little sceptical of the flip caps when buying my 460. I have yet to have a issue with one in 2yrs. Just remember not to fill right to the brim. or you get a mess when you put the caps in.

Flippy, because your buddy the gorilla can't over tighten them and force you to use tools to get the standard screw cap out. Although the gorilla might be able to break the flippy cap which will make him truly a gorilla! I will say that every once in a while Stihl makes a flippy that just isn't quite right, the one on my string trimmer was that way until I replaced it. The flippies on my chain saw have never given me any trouble in 7 years.

There was actually a recall on those (some trimmers). I seriously can't believe Flippy's are in the lead. Thought they were universally loathed.

SMirC-facepalm.svg

Not sure why anyone would worry about it. You are NEVER going to get Stihl to change, so if you want no flippies, there are plenty of other saws on the market... Or buy an MS 170/180

The only cap I've broken was a flippy. Saw was down till I got a new cap. Never broke a screw cap. Flippys always feel like they are going to break. Never had a backup cap before but now I feel I must.

Latest posts

Back