Which NOS saw would you like to stumble across?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If for whatever reason, you were able to run across a brand new, older saw that had never been run, and you could buy it, what model would you most like to find?

Let's say the price would be reasonable, and it's something that you could actually use.

For me, I'm thinking Jonsered 70E or Sachs-Dolmar 166. Homelite 1050 would be nice.

It's impossible to just think of one, isn't it?

Husky 242/246. I bought 2 NOS 246's in the fall. A 1997 246 and a 1998 246G. Got the pair for less than a new 346.

Last edited:
If for whatever reason, you were able to run across a brand new, older saw that had never been run, and you could buy it, what model would you most like to find?

Let's say the price would be reasonable, and it's something that you could actually use.

For me, I'm thinking Jonsered 70E or Sachs-Dolmar 166. Homelite 1050 would be nice.

It's impossible to just think of one, isn't it?

We've got more 166's than we know what to do with. But i'll take a Dolmar CA or CC to go along with the CT!

Steve

attachment.php

attachment.php

pictures from acresinternet.com

attachment.php

After getting to run a Solo Twin last year at the gtg, I have liked that saw.
So I wouldnt mind a NOS or even a used - Solo Twin

Of coarse a Stihl 041 FarmBoss, the first new saw I bought.Also I'd like a homelite 150, my Dads favorite saw, oops that's two

No clue who made it, but

Dad was given a large (seemed huge to a 5yo) Craftsman saw... probably mid-60s to early 70s vintage, with approx 32" b/c. It was either slate blue or grey IIRC.

I don't actually remember him ever getting it started, or cutting with it, but I think that I heard it called a man-eating mothersomething-or-other one time while he tried to get it cranked. I am pretty sure someone gave him the saw (or traded it for ??) and it got gone pretty quickly too.

Another gem of OPE I wish I had back in NOS was an old Root(?) brush-mower. Old-School knotted-rope & dowel starter Wisconsin engine, wheels that looked like they were straight off a Stanley Steamer! Low-tech, but I had a lot of fun running stuff over with that old beast.

Now that y'all got me reminiscing on old junk... I wish I had my old bush-axe back. I got a new one when I started working for a land surveyor, and after a few years, I had that sucker filed pretty tight. (They get lighter each time ya sharpen them) Somehow it's grew legs or momma left it sit somewhere :( and I dread filing for hours on a new one. I guess I need OOS?

I'd love to surprise the boss with a new 262XP. He has a well-used one (bought it new from Amick's IIRC & still strong on orig p/c) and I know he would flip over a fresh one.

I spent 23 years looking for an Echo CS-60S that was new. Echo would gladly sell me one if i flew to Japan and picked it up. But i found a NIB one on Ebay for 160 bucks, not bad for a 24" bar saw. I prob will never put it together, its too pretty in the box....Bob

Back