Which NOS saw would you like to stumble across?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a new Wiz 66 ?

Bill

He's not realy a collector, depsite having over 100 complete saws and at least that many parts donors. He has these old beasts for work (removing/clearing and firewood processing), and he doesn't use the old gear drives (Wiz's) that much anymore (just for some ripping). If you had a cherry 2100 or 3100G he might do a swap as those are his favorite big Eucalyptus saws (just ahead of his 750s in that role).

Post a pic though, an NOS Wiz 66 would be cool to see. :cheers:

He's not realy a collector, depsite having over 100 complete saws and at least that many parts donors. He has these old beasts for work (removing/clearing and firewood processing), and he doesn't use the old gear drives (Wiz's) that much anymore (just for some ripping). If you had a cherry 2100 or 3100G he might do a swap as those are his favorite big Eucalyptus saws (just ahead of his 750s in that role).

Post a pic though, an NOS Wiz 66 would be cool to see. :cheers:

I have a good supply of 2100 and 3100 saws but none are cherry. The nicest 3100 has the worst piston.

Bill

Stihl 056 Mag 2 they just have a mystique about them.

Agreed. I am slowly finding bits. Now have NOS crank and case, bearings etc, jug, piston, fuel tank, quickstop cover, sprocket, bar & chain, tube handle etc. Now looking for NOS top handle assembly - or perhaps more realistically a MagII nameplate. Anyone?

I seem to remember Andy has a similar project. Would like to know how that is going.

Easy, I want a NOS 2100 thin ring and a NOS 181 thin ring. Maybe a NOS Contra in olive drab just to take up some shop space.

i would have to go with the thin ring 181 myself (ALL 181s were thin ring, the 281 went to thick)

Jonsered 111, and to finish it all off..

an 090 with the ultra rare big bore kit! port that sucker, add a modern Tillotson HL and a pipe and she is good to go!

If I had only one pick it would have to be a SUPER WIZ 66 with BOW and unlimited 1/2" chain and sprockets. If I could pick 2 I would get a 120si

056 Mag II. I'd like to stop at a hole in the wall country store and find one sitting there collecting dust, and there probably is one somewhere I just have not found it yet!

Sxl-925

Ive got two of these and one parts saw and they are just great saws....

NOS Dreamin!!!!!!!!

056 Mag II. I'd like to stop at a hole in the wall country store and find one sitting there collecting dust, and there probably is one somewhere I just have not found it yet!

I'm all over that!!!!! 056 Mag II!!!!!! All the way!!!!!!!!! or and Lightning Contra 090!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a Sachs Dolmar 166!!!!!

Other than that I guess if yer gonna dream ya may as well go big!!! Ehhh?

Last edited:
I would love to have a 038 mag II first of all and a 056 mag II too, and I wouldn't keep them stored away in the corner, I would put those bad boys in wood and smile all day long:chainsawguy: :biggrinbounce2:

Found a used one down at a Stihl shop/ gas station/ convenience store. Cool shop has lots of old saw sits in the middle of what used to be loggerville central. 395 dollars beautiful shape except for the sold tag on it darn. Would have been nice.

Stihl 041 farmboss

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back