Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you are only going by the one that in my opinion you ####ed up beyond repair. It kills me the way you spout #### off like it's a fact based on very limited info. Just because you didn't get good gains by over-porting a 550 does not mean that they aren't there.

I feel better now. :clap:

Wow. Plain and simple, that's not true. I ruined the carb experimenting with it, and it was replaced. The cylinder was exactly as I wanted it, not much unlike yours. Randy, I have no interested in fighting with you. It seems that we got similiar results out of our 550s, as evidenced by both of our vids. What's the beef?

Wow. Plain and simple, that's not true. I ruined the carb experimenting with it, and it was replaced. The cylinder was exactly as I wanted it, not much unlike yours. Randy, I have no interested in fighting with you. It seems that we got similiar results out of our 550s, as evidenced by both of our vids. What's the beef?

It's just those "Blanket Statements" of yours. They wear on me.

Videos prove nothing unless the same chain is used in the same wood.

Well......I guess I'm not the only one that felt that way :laugh::laugh:. That cylinder had the dog piss ground out of it.... especially the piston too :msp_w00t:.

Say what? I took a couple thousands off the piston to set the squish after the base gasket was dropped. Nothing else was done to it? There aren't even pics of the P&C, so what in the world are you guys talking about?

Say what? I took a couple thousands off the piston to set the squish after the base gasket was dropped. Nothing else was done to it? There aren't even pics of the P&C, so what in the world are you guys talking about?

Im talking about the pictures of the piston you posted where you had ground the hell out of the Strato ports on the piston. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I need to do a quick search...

It's just those "Blanket Statements" of yours. They wear on me.

Videos prove nothing unless the same chain is used in the same wood.

Blanket statements? Many of my statements are prefaced or followed by "IMHO". If you don't like my opinion, then ignore it, just like everyone has the right to. But to make personal attacks, that I take exception to. I really hate that you had to go here.

When you said the 550 shouldn't be ported it raised the hairs on the back of my neck. If you don't want to do one fine. But some people listen to what you say and your statements could cost Mitch, John, Treemonkey, Stumpy........a job.

You never think about anyone but yourself and I'm sick of it. Plain enough?

Randy clocked 41% better. I got very similar gains from my port work. Truth be known I was very conservative with the die grinder and the squish band. Brad, you have to admit that at one point you said that porting the 441 was for naught, but that turned out to be untrue.

When you said the 550 shouldn't be ported it raised the hairs on the back of my neck. If you don't want to do one fine. But some people listen to what you say and you statements could cost Mitch, John, Treemonkey, Stumpy........a job.

You never think about anyone but yourself and I'm sick of it. Plain enough?

I stand by that statement. It's not just you. It affects me as well. Until a way is found to make the 550 run stronger than we currently have, I'll not take someones $250. It seems to me that the $$$ are getting a little too important here. Additionally, you have the right to disagree with me here. Do so, please. Just don't make personal attacks, making accusations that are not true, in an effort to make your point.

I stand by that statement. It's not just you. It affects me as well. Until a way is found to make the 550 run stronger than we currently have, I'll not take someones $250. It seems to me that the $$$ are getting a little too important here. Additionally, you have the right to disagree with me here. Do so, please. Just don't make personal attacks, making accusations that are not true, in an effort to make your point.

John went mild.....got great gains.

I went mild.......got great gains.

You screwed yours up.

Where is the untrue statement?

Durand, I take no joy in having people upset with me. I challenge you to look at the facts before you jump on the bandwagon. I enjoy having each and every one of you as my friends, and I don't care to see that destroyed. Good night, my friend:cheers:

If you don't want people upset with you why do you consistently make statements like that the ones in this thread?

And if you never port another saw it will not hurt your income in the least....we all know that this is just a hobby for you.

That requires doing them.

Does that mean you'll do them for free? :potstir:

Last edited:
Randy clocked 41% better. I got very similar gains from my port work. Truth be known I was very conservative with the die grinder and the squish band.

AFAIK, none of our 550s have been run against each other. Based on the vids where they were compared against other models, it would appear that we have all attained similiar results. Spike did comment when my stock saw was back with it's original bad carb, that it was the strongest 550 of the bunch. Perhaps I simply started with a stronger 550. It bothers me not if you guys build a faster 550. What does matter to me is when personal attacks are made.

Back