Which saw do you prefer???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ciscoguy01 said:
Are you serious? I've never even heard of them. Do they use them up in AS or something?

:confused: :confused: never heard of 242xp???? :jawdrop:

SawTroll said:
I think he referred to the heated handles.....

ohh :ices_rofl: ..... o well, not everyone can enjoy the ball freezing climate of polarcircle... :hmm3grin2orange:

handles

blis said:
ohh :ices_rofl: ..... o well, not everyone can enjoy the ball freezing climate of polarcircle... :hmm3grin2orange:

Yea, lmao. I was referring to the heated handles, lol. I'm still laughing about that one...

I'm quite a bit North of the polar circle, and have arthritis in the hands (the right one is worst), heated handles are almost mandatory! :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

That's why I have to drop start the saws also, with left hand on the starter handle.

Heaters

SawTroll said:
I'm quite a bit North of the polar circle, and have arthritis in the hands (the right one is worst), heated handles are almost mandatory! :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

That's why I have to drop start the saws also, with left hand on the starter handle.

When it's that cold out, why on earth would anyone even want to be outside to cut? You need an ice chipper, not a chainsaw, lol. That's wild. What's the coldest you've seen there???

i think over there in norway it gets up to -35c or something... was -14c over here this morning <.<

ciscoguy01 said:
What's the coldest you've seen there???
Not sure, but around here minus 35 celsius is quite rare, except for a couple of known "cold spots".

I have been into minus 47, but that was further North, when I lived in Finnmark, back around 1980.

It was minus 24 this morning also, minus 27 last night, but it is getting "hotter" now....:clap:

Such temps are not usual at this time of the year.

I have never used a chainsaw in colder weather than about minus 15, I think.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back