while delivering wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injun joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
as we normally do. we back in to his driveway to drop the wood and the guy hands my fellow co-worker the money which he then hands off to me to count. turns out he gae us like 400+$ i was shocked but i took the 275$Z for the wood and gave him the rest back he was absolutely dumb struck. we didnt say anything then he says he wasnt doin to good and being the nice guy my co-worker was told him we all have our off days which he agreed also.

But heres where it gets weird. ok he was talking to us about church and such and my coworker asked where he went he said he didnt go anymore but he did pray still. he started into a story about how his wife lied about him hitting here which threw us off cuz i wasnt expecting to hear that. but then he kept on going and this is what he said to his wife'' if i dont get and apology withing the next 30 seconds i will tear this office apart and i will throw you through that window and show you what its like to be abuse.'' he kept on talking about how he got a divorce with that lady. the other guy and myself thought it was smooth sailin from there NOPE.

The next story consisted of him being beaten as a child sometimes to the point he bled. but then he said out of the blue that all a kid really needs is love and some rules he said they didnt need to be treated like they were in a nazi death camp. ok it will be good now i thought nope.

Then he started to tell us about how his doctor wanted to put him on disability because he wasnt doing to good in the head. yet again we were left speechless.

I am not posting this to be mean,humiliate,alienate or anthing like that. i like the guy he is one of the few customers that i enjoy delivering wood to. its just well i thought i would share an odd story whilst delivering wood. but after he told al that stuff he proceeded to tell us that he had a couple of guys try to sell to him and they kept giving him the run-around and so i guess they showed up today trying to sell him wood. he told them there was no need and that he had a reliable source coming. when he told us that i wanted to give him a shirt unfortunately he dont have shirts. but its great to hear some of my customers apperciate me as much as i appreciate them.

sorry for the horrible grammar skills i tried to type it all out but god gave me huge fingers so doing this wasnt to easy and almost a feat in itself.

wtf is right!

honestly it'd be soooooo hard to not look at my buddy and bust out laughing...

some stuff is whackd...

i've worked almost 7 years at an apartment complex, 2300 unit, and holy moly, some of the things people say, do, explain......unbelievable...

It just might be that he has no one to really talk to, kind of starved for someone to listen.... Kudos to you for sticking there and letting him tell his stories, probably did him some good to get it off his chest.

Everyone has a story you probably made that guys day just by listening. I have come to realize we all have issues it is just how we deal with them that makes a difference the whole hitting the wife lie thing would have really thrown me.

Everyone has a story you probably made that guys day just by listening. I have come to realize we all have issues it is just how we deal with them that makes a difference

I have come to realize that as well. It makes all the difference. It took a lot to get to that point, and its an on going thing.

There are all kinds out there, mabye he has some serious problems, good of you to listen.

My wife always comments to me about how crazy people always come up to me and tell me their stories.

I must look like I care or something. :confused:

well when we get out and get ready to throw he comes oyt and has to be one of the happiest people(normally) and so when this happen threw me for a loop. i couldnt laugh at this guy i mean he was completely serious and i didnt know what he could do. not a big guy quite a scrawny guy but once adrenaline kicks that wouldve sucked. yeah was disheartening cuz i normally see this guy happy about just being alive.

Wow, the buddy I have working for me told me about a party he went to recently. He had a problem with a cling-on that was going on and on too. So he told him to "Go pay someone to listen to you whine."
I thought that was pretty funny.

It's too bad and I hate to sound cruel, but I think some people are just lonely and want someone to talk to. When I was a kid I advertised some snow skis for sale in the want ads. This old lady would call about them and launch into some thirty minute fantage about her adult kids and what not. Me being somewhat polite I didn't know what to do but to sit there and listen. She must have called half a dozen times or so, back in the days before caller ID or answering machines that let you screen your calls. I think eventually my mom started taking the calls from her.

I gues one way to look at it is he's getting some human contact, the opportunity to communicate face to face with somebody by paying them, in this case getting some firewood out of the deal. Not unlike paying a bartender, a psychiatrist, or some other variety of person for a certain number of minutes of conversation.

When I was selling wood I'd get these mean old guys who'd get all worked up complaining about their neighbors, threatening to shoot them (while I was unloading their wood). Or some of them would try to get me to apply to work for their friends (I was pretty happy being my own boss).

well i know hes married because i we got to go inside his house because he said he wanted big pieces of wood. so i wanted to se how big his stove was it the opening was 10''x16''x28'' deep thats the biggest fireboxes i have ever seen. but then he was just and average guy his wife was nice and he had 3 dogs which were very well behaved.

It just might be that he has no one to really talk to, kind of starved for someone to listen.... Kudos to you for sticking there and letting him tell his stories, probably did him some good to get it off his chest.

How does your 270 run with the 20in bar. I have an 18 on mine and it does fairly well. It would be nice to squeeze more power out of it maybe with a muffler mod, just haven't seen too many threads on exactly how to do this

thanks in advance

How does your 270 run with the 20in bar. I have an 18 on mine and it does fairly well. It would be nice to squeeze more power out of it maybe with a muffler mod, just haven't seen too many threads on exactly how to do this

thanks in advance

Wow! Most out of the blue thradjack I've seen in awhile.

Kindness pays off. Good for you for listening to the guy. I had two older neighbors that each lived alone, and I would go and sit with them from time to time, listening to them tell me the same old stories. The one old lady would still mow her own grass (on an ancient rider) and it would always break down next to my house. I'd look at my watch first, and then decide whether I had the time to fix it in 5 minutes and spend another 25 minutes listening to her talk.

I hope somebody does that for me when I'm an old fart who has nothing but memories left.

Kindness pays off. Good for you for listening to the guy. I had two older neighbors that each lived alone, and I would go and sit with them from time to time, listening to them tell me the same old stories. The one old lady would still mow her own grass (on an ancient rider) and it would always break down next to my house. I'd look at my watch first, and then decide whether I had the time to fix it in 5 minutes and spend another 25 minutes listening to her talk.

I hope somebody does that for me when I'm an old fart who has nothing but memories left.

Nice post Unclemoustache. How true.

Kevin

Back