Who does good porting work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrantSFGDS

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Greetings all! Save me some research time and tell me who does a good port job, specifically on Husqvarnas. I've got a 394xp that could stand some help. Thanks!

I've seen Mastermind pop up a lot lately. Is that the guys screen name on here or is that his website or what?

Greetings all! Save me some research time and tell me who does a good port job, specifically on Husqvarnas. I've got a 394xp that could stand some help. Thanks!
more important question might be...Who do i avoid? but i doubt youll get very many answers with that one. The list of porters is endless and most do very good work. spend some time searching and talk to a few guys before sending your saw off. look in guys signatures for saws that are mastermind or snellerized or a host of other names and pm them..i think most guys will gladly offer up a review of how the transaction went and how the saw ran afterward.

i had one done by mastermind(he usually has a 6 month wait list so if time frame is important you need to make sure and ask about that too) and was happy with the saw and communication but like i said there are tons of guys doing it so ask around and do some legwork on your own with the search function...that way if things go sideways you wont have anyone to blame but yourself

more important question might be...Who do i avoid? but i doubt youll get very many answers with that one. The list of porters is endless and most do very good work. spend some time searching and talk to a few guys before sending your saw off. look in guys signatures for saws that are mastermind or snellerized or a host of other names and pm them..i think most guys will gladly offer up a review of how the transaction went and how the saw ran afterward.

i had one done by mastermind(he usually has a 6 month wait list so if time frame is important you need to make sure and ask about that too) and was happy with the saw and communication but like i said there are tons of guys doing it so ask around and do some legwork on your own with the search function...that way if things go sideways you wont have anyone to blame but yourself
Another thing to ask since you brought it up what is it used for and how long can you be without a tool that makes you money or a toy? Me personally I can't afford to have a single one of my saws down that costs me time and money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jack is out of North Cali southern Oregon and a faller look up Hotsaw101 on YouTube and get a hold of him.

I also forgot about treemonkey on here he does a good job. Ask around your area lots of the cutters know of the huss huss places or people that do a really good job just like the drag atv industry.

Alot of good guys do good port work. Dont skip out, do your research. If i was getting any of my saws ported i wouldnt take just opinions off a thread. I would read alot of threads and draw my own conclusion. Btw some guys are better at porting certain model saws than others. Just my 2pennies

Latest posts

Back