Who does good porting work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitch Weber is a good dude & does very good work. He has been quiet lately.

I agree Mitch's work is solid but I have to admit I've been waiting on an Echo from him for 9 months now. No returned calls or emails for the last 3ish months. Really just wish I could get my saw back at this point, I hope all is well.

Some of you guys are way nicer than i am..that sucks.

It does... But I have been swamped lately and with no signs of slowing down I attempt to use my time wisely. Seriously though, it's getting old fast.

It does... But I have been swamped lately and with no signs of slowing down I attempt to use my time wisely. Seriously though, it's getting old fast.

Have you tried to talk to anyone who was buddies with the dude ?..that doesnt sound right from the little you can gather about people on the internet , somethin had to happen.

Have you tried to talk to anyone who was buddies with the dude ?..that doesnt sound right from the little you can gather about people on the internet , somethin had to happen.
Yeah I did and he had a friend contact him... He called and said he would ship that week or the following. That was the first week of December and haven't heard a thing yet. Called, messaged, emailed... Nothing.

Yeah I did and he had a friend contact him... He called and said he would ship that week or the following. That was the first week of December and haven't heard a thing yet. Called, messaged, emailed... Nothing.

I cant ever understand how/why guys get themselves in those situations..that blows reed.

Unfortunately it seems that a decent percentage of saw builders aren't exactly very good at communication.

With that being said, obviously there are a number of good builders on and off of AS that are both good at their profession and keep communication lines open.

I just cannot imagine holding someone's cash and saw and then not keeping in touch. Especially if that is their only saw or they need it to make a living.

Rebuilding an old 394xp and giving it a new life makes all the sense in the world; it's the idea of porting it and putting a long bar on it to make lots of $$ in production falling that I don't buy.
If you've got it apart, why not open it up a bit?? Don't necessarily have to go wild on it, but setting the squish, widening the intake and exhaust can give it so much more grunt, and it won't terribly affect the life of the saw if you stay within reasonable limits.

I have a 394xp that is down to 110 lbs compression.I have a 28" bar on it now but would like to also use a 32" bar for bigger wood.Muffler mod and some porting so that in case of problems with rings down the road it will be an easy fix.What kind of increase could I expect ?
See my vid on page 3 .. That's a saw that I put good but used rings into with a bit of a port job, it's got a 34" bar on it, no muffler mod (it's missing the screen though). I'll try and get a vid of the second 394 with the same setup sometime soon.

Back