Who greases their bar tips???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I periodically, not religiously, grease the tip when I grease the sprocket needle bearings. I sling enough bar oil (set to the max) that I don't seem to be doing any harm. I think that if you use a sharp chain you keep the dust to a minimum and things don't cruded up so quickly.

:heart:
Nah... I meant "bore" cut... because y'all bore the heck out of me everytime ya bring it up... LOL:laugh:

Gary

Yup!!

I can think of a few boring and drilling tasks that would be yummy....like several of the women customers I've had....of late....
:biggrinbounce2: :heart: :heart:

I can't see how you guy's reckon the bar oil lube's the bearing.
I see it that the bearing would throw it off, not take it in.
And grit, what you cutting?
Wood acts as a bearing rather than an abrasive.
If there is any chance of grit getting in, pumping grease in there should help keep it out.
Lube up I reckon.
Al.

Who all brushes their teeth? That's what I want to know. I hear tooth paste can cause you to get grits stuck in your teeth, but if you get a healthy dose of beer, it'll wash it all out anyway.

Who all brushes their teeth? That's what I want to know. I hear tooth paste can cause you to get grits stuck in your teeth, but if you get a healthy dose of beer, it'll wash it all out anyway.

:rockn: :rockn: LOL, that's just funny.

Seriously, I quit greasing a couple of years back - no ill effects so far......:rockn:

Latest posts

Back