Who has the Best Pictures on Arborsite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That there is some funny shyte. That first one really makes me laugh. I miss him, and I never knew him. He was banned before I joined me thinks. This place could use a little spicing up!! Sounds like my kind of guy.

Can we please stay on topic???????

Yeah Gypo was a hoot,,,,, for the most part very funny and great pics I must admit,,,,,,
he could get a bit carried away at times,,,,,

but mostly a pretty good dude,,,,

but.. it's the 1754th time youve used TREAD.:greenchainsaw:

I just can't take it anymore... :cry: :cry:

So, you're "Tired" of the "Treads?" Slicks only work on the drag strip, ya kinda need the "Treads," unless ya never get "Tired" of spinnin' yer wheels.......:greenchainsaw:

Guess we better thread lightly, so to speak....

(this has nothing whatsoever to do with the price of pork futures on the Tehran Stock Exchange....:dizzy:)

Last edited:
It was definitely a different place. I miss it, honestly. Folks who actually knew a thing or two about saws, logging, actual arborist work, porting work, sharpening chains, they're almost all gone now. Not a day went by that I didn't learn something. I usually felt pretty out of my league, but it was always interesting.

Now people leave me rep like I'm some kind of expert, when in reality I don't know $hit. On top of that, it seems like most of our newer members are a bunch of retards and homeowner-types, and most of our posts are repeats of the same tired $hit about oil, which $250 saw is the best, how to turn an MS290 into something it was never intended to be, and crap like that. Not as bad as garden web dot com or places like that, but not a hell of a lot better, either.

The bifurcated chainsaw versus hotsaws forum deal was a crap move, too. I don't want to check two forums about saws when they should all be in the same place. So what if some fool has to scroll through a couple pages of good posts to find a discussion about his 55cc Craftsman. Oh well.

I'm not sure if it can ever swing back the other way and get back to the way it was, or if Darin & Co. would even want it to. It looks like the site is finally able to cover its bills with the sponsorships, and that's great. I doubt enough of us bought as many of the AS T-shirts as would be needed to keep the site up and running, anyway.

There are still a handful of folks on here who continually put forth good stuff, and for those of you I haven't rep'd enough lately, well, thanks guys. But for the fools who post the same crap over and over, and who refuse to use the search function (duh, what is semi-chisel chain?!)...you're not helping the quality of the site, that's for sure.

OK, done ranting.

And what an incredible rant it is.

attachment.php

Winner, Babcock!

Here's one of my favorites that Babcock took last year.

The pic of the girl sharpener was underneath. I assume Babcock took and posted it so I vote for Babcock, hence a winner. "Winner Babcock!" You know the tittle of the thread was "Who has the best pictures on Arborsite" :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The pic of the girl sharpener was underneath. I assume Babcock took and posted it so I vote for Babcock, hence a winner. "Winner Babcock!" You know the tittle of the thread was "Who has the best pictures on Arborsite" :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

yeah got that - was wondering where the pic went in your entry

Can we please stay on topic???????

Yeah Gypo was a hoot,,,,, for the most part very funny and great pics I must admit,,,,,,
he could get a bit carried away at times,,,,,

but mostly a pretty good dude,,,,

Stay on topic?? No way.

Getting carried away, nothing wrong with that. Within reason I guess. You should see my work, sometimes I really get carried away. I really watch myself on here. I act like a good little boy, I don't want to get myself in trouble, if ya know what I mean.

Creeping liberalism....

The Internet used to be the bastion of free thinking.

Now we must all be Polictically Correct.

We have "moderators" on almost every Internet site to...keep us in line.

It was a short lived "freedom".

Some of the best posters ever are "banned"!

I'm almost glad I'm too old to give a ####.

Self proclaimed "retard"

(ComputerUserer..spot on)

Last edited:
It was definitely a different place. I miss it, honestly. Folks who actually knew a thing or two about saws, logging, actual arborist work, porting work, sharpening chains, they're almost all gone now. Not a day went by that I didn't learn something. I usually felt pretty out of my league, but it was always interesting.

Now people leave me rep like I'm some kind of expert, when in reality I don't know $hit. On top of that, it seems like most of our newer members are a bunch of retards and homeowner-types, and most of our posts are repeats of the same tired $hit about oil, which $250 saw is the best, how to turn an MS290 into something it was never intended to be, and crap like that. Not as bad as garden web dot com or places like that, but not a hell of a lot better, either.

The bifurcated chainsaw versus hotsaws forum deal was a crap move, too. I don't want to check two forums about saws when they should all be in the same place. So what if some fool has to scroll through a couple pages of good posts to find a discussion about his 55cc Craftsman. Oh well.

I'm not sure if it can ever swing back the other way and get back to the way it was, or if Darin & Co. would even want it to. It looks like the site is finally able to cover its bills with the sponsorships, and that's great. I doubt enough of us bought as many of the AS T-shirts as would be needed to keep the site up and running, anyway.

There are still a handful of folks on here who continually put forth good stuff, and for those of you I haven't rep'd enough lately, well, thanks guys. But for the fools who post the same crap over and over, and who refuse to use the search function (duh, what is semi-chisel chain?!)...you're not helping the quality of the site, that's for sure.

OK, done ranting.

Good rant. It is what it is and like the rest of us you have the choice to visit the site, post and read the threads, or not to. Calling the new guys retards? What the hell is that? There are some self admitted retards here, myself for one, but what about the newbies that don't know if their questions are valid or not? Everyone comes here to learn something or other, and have fun along the way. As you post more the more you learn about the forum. I think you are a bit high on your stool and need to come down to earth. I like you Computeruser, but that was a bit much.

Good rant. It is what it is and like the rest of us you have the choice to visit the site, post and read the threads, or not to. Calling the new guys retards? What the hell is that? There are some self admitted retards here, myself for one, but what about the newbies that don't know if their questions are valid or not? Everyone comes here to learn something or other, and have fun along the way. As you post more the more you learn about the forum. I think you are a bit high on your stool and need to come down to earth. I like you Computeruser, but that was a bit much.

lol

OK, done ranting.

Dude, you are a jerk. I would love to see when you first posted. I hope some other jerk slammed you like you are doing. Probably time for you to move on anyway.

Last edited:

I'd rep you if I could...

There were definitely some folks in the "old days" that were harsh on newbies. I caught some of those zingers myself but 99% of them were in jest. Every once in a while certain individuals got out of line but I feel the corrections went too far. It definitely is a different place. Some ways better, some not.

Last edited:
John Lambert...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1zsV8IWERU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1zsV8IWERU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swr869JWEZA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swr869JWEZA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wetw8RQGJH0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wetw8RQGJH0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I miss the goofball... :)

Gary

I always thought he was kinda entertaining!

Back