Who has the most miles on their car?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000 Z-71 with 190K

WorK truck was brand new a year ago last month. 69K on it now. It is an 05 2500HD

Steve

371000 km on my 85 ford pickup, 280000 km on my 87 Honda Accord. I didn't put the majority of those miles on either though.

The question was how many miles, not km. The odometer on my 80 GMC 4x4 only goes to 100k, gone around a few times, broke a couple of years ago, no real idea. I have heard of guys driving old Chevy pickups over 400k miles on the same 350.

mileage

202,000 on my work rig; a Ford SuperDuty crew cab. If only the gas mileage was better.... it's a great rig.

Wow, I thought my Tacoma w/ 220k miles was alot! Are All these fords and chevy's w/ 400k miles all original? Same factory engine? or has the entire vehicle been rebuilt 4 times? I must say, that's impressive.

12guns said:
Wow, I thought my Tacoma w/ 220k miles was alot! Are All these fords and chevy's w/ 400k miles all original? Same factory engine? or has the entire vehicle been rebuilt 4 times? I must say, that's impressive.

my Aerostar-- all i know about cars is where to put the gas, the oil, and that tires shouldn't be square-- i put air in the tires when they get corners... and i also know how to write the check for the mechanic...

i know it had to have the alternator replaced about every 2 years... i was rear-ended at a stop sign in 1996 and it was considered total at that time... i drove it daily until May 2005... the only thing i can vouch was original was the steering wheel and the upholstery... unsure about the engine... although it was a 1990, i didn't get it until 1992...

If your Aero star had a 4 cylinder motor, 400k isnt uncommon at all with no rebuild. there are rangers out there with the 2.3L motors pushing 750K without anything beyond regular maintainence, and some loving drivers. some may say impossible, but it CAN and has been done, and recorded before. any vehicle that is taken care of will last many hundreds of thousands of miles. and to the opposite end, a neglected vehicle will live a quite short life. (my aunts can prove this too)

Lawn Masters said:
If your Aero star had a 4 cylinder motor, 400k isnt uncommon at all with no rebuild. there are rangers out there with the 2.3L motors pushing 750K without anything beyond regular maintainence, and some loving drivers. some may say impossible, but it CAN and has been done, and recorded before. any vehicle that is taken care of will last many hundreds of thousands of miles. and to the opposite end, a neglected vehicle will live a quite short life. (my aunts can prove this too)

you give me far too much credit... oil change??? isn't that when you put in oil when the "Oil" light stays on more than 200 miles??? Check engine light??? put electricians tape over the alert light...

i truly wish i was a good consumer, good car owner... but i'm not... i do have my first car, purchased new in 1970... that is the high mileage VW Bug... i have only purchased 3 cars in my driving history (since 1967)... i keep the cars, but not i am not delicate nor timely with service...

12guns said:

Mine is. But my best was a little 4cylinder Ford Fiesta that gave me 314,000 K and the motor was never touched except oil and coolant.

Latest posts

Back