Who here is our oldest woodcutter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My other thread about my buddies losing their "spark" for woodcutting got me thinking-who here is our oldest woodcutter? How old are our "elder statesmen" here that still have that spark in 'em that are still cutting, hauling, stacking and burning wood?

Let's hear it....:greenchainsaw:

Goomer

If you are just talking firewood for home use. I cut,haul, split and stack about 15 face cord a year and I'm 62 1/2. LOL Didn't think I was concidered OLD.

Just a Goamer -- Carl

There are a lot of cutters that are older then me.(I am 62) There are also a lot that are younger then me that have quit cutting. It does not matter to me how old I get,its my life style. I heat entirely with wood,and have done it since I married this wonderful country Gal 36 years ago. As a boy growing up,we heated mainly with coal and would use wood when we got it. Burning wood is just a way of life. Just like raising most of our food is. We have canned food since I was old enough to learn what my Mom was doing. My wife was raised the same. Every year we raise beef and chickens which we can and freeze. Our basic needs are supplied through our garden. The wood is cut to heat the house. I do have to admit,that since I have had a heart attack,I have installed electric baseboard heaters just in case. If for some reason we get up not feeling good we will turn them on. Last year they never were put on at all. They are also nice if we have to leave the house for longer then 12 hours. I do not sell wood anymore so I cut only what we need,with just a little more. You never know when a friend will get ill and need a little help. When I had my heart attack,my friends brought the wife and I over 4 cords. I hope I never have to repay them for the same reason,but I have a little extra if they need it.

There are a lot of cutters that are older then me.(I am 62) There are also a lot that are younger then me that have quit cutting. It does not matter to me how old I get,its my life style. I heat entirely with wood,and have done it since I married this wonderful country Gal 36 years ago. As a boy growing up,we heated mainly with coal and would use wood when we got it. Burning wood is just a way of life. Just like raising most of our food is. We have canned food since I was old enough to learn what my Mom was doing. My wife was raised the same. Every year we raise beef and chickens which we can and freeze. Our basic needs are supplied through our garden. The wood is cut to heat the house. I do have to admit,that since I have had a heart attack,I have installed electric baseboard heaters just in case. If for some reason we get up not feeling good we will turn them on. Last year they never were put on at all. They are also nice if we have to leave the house for longer then 12 hours. I do not sell wood anymore so I cut only what we need,with just a little more. You never know when a friend will get ill and need a little help. When I had my heart attack,my friends brought the wife and I over 4 cords. I hope I never have to repay them for the same reason,but I have a little extra if they need it.

Great story-I'd rep ya for it but it says I have to "sling it around some more" before I hit ya again! :clap: :greenchainsaw:

Still enjoy cutting and splitting my own firewood at 60.... :greenchainsaw:

Mrs. xtm usually asks that I take someone with me when I head off into the woods with the saw... That's OK - makes the job finish up quicker.

xtm

yes but

is there anyone on here that can help a girl out about a old wayne chipper :confused:

Latest posts

Back