Who runs his saws and who doesn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chainsaws are mean and nasty and dangerous and noisy and make you tired and cost a lot of $$$$$$. :rolleyes2: and keep me warm :msp_sneaky:

Shelf queens are not welcome here :jester:

No shelf queens on my spread. I dont run them for a living like my dad or uncle did, but I do tree removals for the church folks, widows and war vets that I know, and supply 'em and myself with firewood. I have all old saws that are past their glory days, but I like old things, and the're cheaper.

They are tools to be used, mostly to keep my family warm. I have 6 at the moment form 32cc to 55cc, which is more than I need and some don't get run all that often now, but they all work and the chains are all sharp. I always use the smallest saw I can do the job with, and I'm now using the strato 40cc saw the most as it uses less mix and makes less fumes for me to breath. The 32cc has no A/V so it does not get extended use.

I would like to see a list of names of those who really run their saws, maybe even for a living and those who probably haven't started them up since the first time they bought it, or ever at all -- You know, they keep them on shelves and stare at them for no good reason... That kind of freak.

I would dare say those fellas own dysfunctional saws, since they've never had any wood. :laugh:

To each his own...

Land of misfit toys eh?

Most of mine were basket cases, now I just look at them with great pride.

Some are used quite often, others just sit and look pretty (FREAK?), I've been called worse.

So Paul Bunyon,

What do you own and run?

You want me to actually start these things?:laugh:

2013-01-01_18-29-34_306.jpg

Hey hey, is that sawdust I see? -- The queen has been deflowered! Guards to him! :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey hey, is that sawdust I see? -- The queen has been deflowered! Guards to him! :hmm3grin2orange:

You don't get it do you?

I keep my "Queens" safe by making unics of anyone who casts a coveting eye towards them.

Yes the Queens all run, and will make short work of any who cast a wanton eye their way.

I buy more saws than any of you!!!

Don't use them at all, usually one used one for the year's wood, then I tear it into little pieces and sell the parts.

i just buy mine to look at,, i hate getting my saws dirty,,, i use my mental abilities to cut and split wood,, it takes a while but if i concentrate hard enough the wood will break off and split it self

New ones run until I'm sweaty and beat! Then I take a break by the fire to read the manual.

It's a chainsaw not a....
P9170339.JPG

Last edited:
I run some of my saws all the time.

I run all my saws none of the time.

There's too many but even the queens get used at least once a year.

I have 5 chainsaws 35-75+ccs, and up until finding this site thought that was a lot! They all get ran, the middle 3 more, cutting the 16 or so ricks of firewood I burn per year.

I would like to see a list of names of those who really run their saws, maybe even for a living and those who probably haven't started them up since the first time they bought it, or ever at all -- You know, they keep them on shelves and stare at them for no good reason... That kind of freak.

I would dare say those fellas own dysfunctional saws, since they've never had any wood. :laugh:

To each his own...

Still haven't seen or heard of what you run?

The only way I would:bowdown: to you is if you told me that was you running the piano cutting beer opener.

Adios

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/219811-6.htm#post4052118

Last edited:
My saws are used. I don't do it for a living but it helps keep us warm in the winter :) I do enjoy cutting wood and heating with wood. It's a lifestyle and I guess not for everyone but it suits me fine. My job keeps me behind a desk 8 to 10 hours a day so I really enjoy my time in the woods and swinging an axe.

I heat with wood and have cut and split wood that has benefited multiple families for years. My saws get run but not as much as many here run their saws. I am a weekend warrior.

I my CAD is shifting towards collection vintage saws. I have some non-runners that I am accumulating parts for. They will get used but mostly at GTGs and event like that. The more modern saws will continue to heat my house.

Bob

All my saws get used, well not right now. Snow is on the ground so it is time to burn the wood I cut. They will run come spring though!:laugh:

Latest posts

Back