Who runs his saws and who doesn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is my shelf queen.
271195d1357228830-img_1513-jpg

View attachment 271195

Ummm, hope it has a nice personality.

I have three saw's that are not running at this time there in boxes; I have way to many saw's (just ask my family that stops by the house) and 3 more on the way right as I type this newest saw I have hasn't even been broken in yet just around 15 tanks thru it and yes all the saw's are used to keep my house warm along with three other houses :msp_wink:

I did get a few chain saw's this year more than one each month this year; most were fixed up and sold or giving away to people who needed chain saw or giving to land owners that gave me permission to cut fire wood on there property :msp_wink:

I just don't look at pictures of chain saw's like some members :jester:

I use each and every saw I own :msp_wink:

I've got to cut down some leaner pines out behind the house that were victims of strong winds while we were up north. Now, let's see. Which saw should I use? (they're small diameter). I'm thinking maybe the 009L. Or maybe the Mac 10-10 one last time before it goes away? Decisions decisions...

My 441C is over one year old, and has about 2 tanks through it.....

At my pace, I'll never get it broke in. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mine gets used. No room in the budget or garage for non workers yet. Someday I'll collect a few, and they'll be workers too. Saws keep us warm in the winter and cost the oil man in my area around $2100. Also costs the pellet supplier about $400 a year:hmm3grin2orange:

I have never used a saw! I am on this site to research the habits of American chainsaw users. I am doing my thesis on it and it is called "American Chainsaw."

:ices_rofl:

I run most of my saws quite a bit. The 660 sits way more than it should and often makes me think I dont need it, but its not going anywhere. At least a few times a year it gets to flex its muscles, but most of the time there's just no need for it.

My money, my saws. Who are you to judge what I may choose to do (or not do) with them?

Ah so you don't run 'em at all! :laugh:
Take it easy, you can sleep with your saw for all I care, it's just a poll.

Hmm where's the picture of that AS member sleeping with his saw when you need it... Guy had a big grin and all! Possibly one of the best pictures here.

how about a couple dozen Dolmars...:hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

Does it even run? I've seen a video where they start them all up, but no videos of the bike ever rolling, not even down-hill... Is it just a hollow frame with a bunch of power units glued to it or is there real engineering behind it? (I want proof!)

Hmm where's the picture of that AS member sleeping with his saw when you need it... Guy had a big grin and all! Possibly one of the best pictures here.

Oh you mean he is not one of those freaks after all. Gosh I am so relieved.

Does it even run? I've seen a video where they start them all up, but no videos of the bike ever rolling, not even down-hill... Is it just a hollow frame with a bunch of power units glued to it or is there real engineering behind it? (I want proof!)
Hey, you're right, there are saws and a bike there. I seem to have missed that detail the first 400 times I looked at it. Must have been distracted.....

You might be well served to actually read the responses that are posted. I never told you whether I ran or did not run my saws, you simply decided to make an assumption (with the predictable results). My buying and merchandise retention policies certainly are not influenced by your thoughts or judgments.

Perhaps you have a video or two where you are running a saw you could post. Actions speak much louder than words. I need to go to provide a fellow AS member with my address for a saw he just picked up for me this afternoon.

I appreciate my saws. At certain times of the year they are my only source of income (varies $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 per year). I'm not a logger or a firewood cutter. What am I ? I'm a Landscape Contractor. I plant more trees than I cut down but I would still rather hang out here than the Landscape Contractor site that I was once a sponsor of. :rose:

I've got some saws that I don't not run.
I've got some saws that I don't run.
I've got a saw that won't run. (It's in too many pieces right now.)

It's kind of sad, but I do have a whole family that just sits there.
I don't look at them though, they're all boxed up; dad, mom, and a pair of brothers.
The big bottomed daughter/sister does get some run time.

i have several and theres no way in heck id run them. they are the demons toys. good grasious someone could get hurt with them!i think they shoud be banned just like guns.

Back