Who took advantage of 22ton tsc sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
22ton huskee redesigned splitter 949$ today and tomorrow only at tractor supply .. I'm going tomorrow to grab one hard to say if they'll ever be that price again

Got a Ruralking near you? They have a 23 ton splitter for $899 with $200 rebate so its $699. Its a Friday only deal though while supplies last also.

If I hadn't got the winter layoff last wk & Xmas around the corner I would have the RK splitter for that price. All I came home with was bar oil LOL

Hanniedog. Which RK. I was at the one in Norwalk and didn't see that deal. Was it the Swisher brand? If so is that one OK?

I should have jumped on the rural king deal too. I know not too long ago, menards had an awesome deal. They may not be name brand, or as well built, but for most stuff they do just fine. I need a splitter, I just can't force myself to spend the money. I do have one, but I'm sick of throwing money at it, and the beam is so low it's a back breaker.

Hanniedog. Which RK. I was at the one in Norwalk and didn't see that deal. Was it the Swisher brand? If so is that one OK?
I know Wooster had 'em in their sale flyer, (Champion, not Swisher) (the neighbor has a Swisher, they are fine too) but I never made it over there this weekend.

Just an FYI for anybody that cares, I bought one of those Black Friday $699 Champion 23 ton splitters at RKO last year. My plan was to use it until I built my flywheel splitter and then sell it for break even money (do used splitters bring stupid money on CL everywhere?). Well, here we are a year later and no flywheel splitter is in the works, and the more I use my lil Champion splitter, the more I like it. It works good, I mean, I'm sure there are bigger, better, badder ones out there, but for $699, it works pretty good! Right now the flywheel splitter project has been postponed indefinitely due to new plans to build a firewood processor! :)
I've had no problems with it (I do have a small oil leak on the valve, probably loose, haven't looked at it yet) and I did "re-engineer" it a bit right after I got it just to clean up some funky routed hydraulic lines (teen aged assemblers I'm sure) and a low hanging oil filter

Hijack over (sorry flotek!)

Did not look to see if the Fremont store had the Champion splitter. Did get a case of bar oil though. Could be they only had two per store and went quick. Just guessing on that.

Did not look to see if the Fremont store had the Champion splitter. Did get a case of bar oil though. Could be they only had two per store and went quick. Just guessing on that.
That's what I though when I bought mine last year.
I hadn't seen them in the Black Friday ad, but then someone posted about 'em here on AS, so I looked up the ad online, yup, there they were. I was out of town for Thankgiving and Black Friday so I was thinkin that when I get back to Wooster (RKO) Friday night, they will be LONG gone, that'll keep me from spending my mad money.
So then my brother calls me from RKO Friday morning, says, "Hey, they still have like 20 of those $699 splitters, you want one?" I himhawed around, said no thanks. Drove past RKO on the way home that night, decided to pop in just to see. Well, they still had 6 or 8 of em, there went my mad money! They still had 4 or 5 of 'em when I picked mine up Saturday morning!

I've been using a homo-lite /ryobi
Electric splitter for last couple years and it has actually served me well and saved my back but like anything it has its limitations the slow cycle time and trying to hit the round half a dozen times before it ultimately pops gets old .the huskee always gets great reviews and the rating and size should suit me well for the 5-6 cords a year I will use it and at. 949 bucks that's a pretty great price just a few months ago they were 200 more than that ill post up some pics once I haul it home we have no menards or rural king around here closest menards to me is in Massillon ohio

I got one 3 or 4 years ago for that price... I added a fuel shut off valve to mine and that's it. The splitter is one of the few new things I've bought in the last 10 years I was actually impressed with quality of build and performance...

I have been in the market for a splitter for years and never wnted to part with over a grand. I saw the post earlier for the RK splitter for $699 after rebate and immediately called the store and they still had 2 left. I got there with 15 minutes to spare. I didn't have alot of time to study it in the dark, but It looks pretty comparable to the huskee 22 ton from what I could tell. I will. Check it out better in the morning. IMG_20131129_213824_098.jpg

Glad my post helped someone. Good luck with the splitter ash man.

I have been in the market for a splitter for years and never wnted to part with over a grand. I saw the post earlier for the RK splitter for $699 after rebate and immediately called the store and they still had 2 left. I got there with 15 minutes to spare. I didn't have alot of time to study it in the dark, but It looks pretty comparable to the huskee 22 ton from what I could tell. I will. Check it out better in the morning. View attachment 320364

Hey, $699, Fauxnda engine, pump looks stout, air filter assembly looks better than most of the Fauxnda engines I've seen. A hydraulic filter would be nice, but not essential. You can't buy similar (let alone better) new components and steel to make one yourself at that price!

Hey, $699, Fauxnda engine, pump looks stout, air filter assembly looks better than most of the Fauxnda engines I've seen. A hydraulic filter would be nice, but not essential. You can't buy similar (let alone better) new components and steel to make one yourself at that price!
"Fauxnda" engine starts easily, run good. Air filter is a nice foam unit. Pump works well. There is a hyd filter on the other side on the return line from the valve. Definitely can't build one for that $!

Sorry Flotec not trying to take oover your thread, but got a look at the splitter this mmorning and I'm not seeing a hydraulic filter anywhere. Should I put one on before fireing the thing up?

I got one yesterday. I was planning on buying one in January for a 999 sale, but couldn't resist the black friday deal. I was wondering if they would be grabbed soon, but 4 left at 10 am.

Before I could move my truck to the gate the worker tried to start it (15 degrees last night). He was pulling on the rope at a 90 degree angle off of where you are supposed to and it would fire and die while saying something about too long of a pull cord??? I almost told him I want the one next to it. Rather than make a stink and tell him how to do it I just grabbed it, pulled once and kept priming it until it stayed running. Fluids and everything checked out good. Only wish the briggs had a choke; I do like it is made in the USA.

Used it for an hour yesterday and am very happy with it. My brother has one 10 yr old and I know 3 others that have Huskee/Speeco's - they are all happy with them.

Back