Who's got a husqvarna 545?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody had both, 545 and 550xp? Wondering if the difference in power output is really that noticeable? We use 550xp's at work, so I know what they "feel" like lol.

Ive got a, almost new, 545 coming in the mail and it should be here tomorrow!!!

Their difference is more noticeable limbing(rev-boost) But buried not as much. I run a 16" .325. I had the 550 and replaced it with a 545 and saved green backs. The 545 is lacking crank stuffers and has different transfer config I believe. 13k limited on the 545 I think.

Last edited:
I have them both and use one as a backup for the other. The 545 is rather rambunctious in spite of the 13000 coil instead of the 14000. I have a stock NE 346XP also and it usually has to sit at home.

The 550 does hold a little more rpm in the cut compared with the 545 but unless you are specifically comparing the two, you do not notice the difference.

The 545 came new from a site sponsor and the 550 had come from an regional individual who had never cut with it. They are about a year old.

Sweet!!!! I picked up this 545 off flea bay for cheap. It only has 2 hours on it and was most likely a dealer demo saw.

There was a tread on here where a guy had a tree fall on his 550. He bought a new 545 and swapped the pertinent 550 parts over into his new 545.

Ive tried to search for info, but the search option sticks for this message board. The search function use to be better. If you type in just 545, nothing comes up or has nothing to do with what your looking for.

$337..... Lucky bastiage... I was watching that saw... LOL... Nice job ! I was thinking about the 545 instead of the 550xp for a firewood saw.

how about a 2252 jonsered,at a great price? its the equivalent to the 545. how about brand new at less than $50 more dollars than the price that was just mentioned

Lets talk... Could you shoot me a PM please. :)

My name is Steve

how about a 2252 jonsered,at a great price? its the equivalent to the 545. how about brand new at less than $50 more dollars than the price that was just mentioned
Yeah that's an insane deal same exact saw as the 545 which I already have. Good ground saw all day, still running a 346 in the tree when using a rear handle.

It takes more than the coil to make it a 550xp. At least you need to update the cylinder to 550 configuration, and of course you need the 550 autotune software.

Just curious, are you certain the 550, and 545 have different autotune software? While possible, it would seem as though they would simply use the same for cost considerations. Then limiting them with different coils, and or cylinders. Seems like developing different software for each model would get expensive.

That's strange, as the part number for the complete top end is different, while all the parts but those you mentiond are the same. :confused:

I was so sure they were different that I had a 550XP top end shipped to me. When it arrived I could find no differences anywhere Niko. I ported the 2252 top end and sent the 550XP top end back.

I'll try to get a video of the 2252 today for y'all.

Latest posts

Back