Who's number one around here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reanimator

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got interested in chainsaws as a kid and now 30 years later just bought some woodland that I want to clear and clean up. Who is a good person to talk to about chainsaws here? Thanks.

West

I can only do minor modifications.
brows.gif

What in particular do you want to know? More specifically, what kind of clearing? What kind of trees (i.e. hardwoods, conifers, etc) and what kind of experience do you have? The experience is the most important part. Im sure you probably already know, but UNLESS you are very experienced, felling large trees would probably be the single most dangerous thing you could find to do anywhere.
As far as brands, you cant go wrong with Husky, Stihl, Jonsered, Dolmar. And there are more too. Husky and Stihl are the two top contenders as far as what the pro's are using if that's what you are asking. They are both top notch saws that will last 10's of years. Steer clear of Craftsman for sure. Be a little more specific and we can help more. :)

Why is it now "BJ", Ben?

I know next to nothing about chainsaws, but more than a little about people around here, West. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll school you on who and who not to deal with.

By the way; in the early 1920's, an author by the name of H.P. Lovecraft wrote a trieste called "Reanimator" which was subsequently made into a movie of the same name back in the 80's. If memory serves, the main character was a guy by the name of Dr. West. I seem to remember that the movie gave new meaning to the word "head".

naw dont get led astray. its well known
that i know nearly everything ,,even about chainsaws. search also knows rite much. checkhimout.. goodluck,,and welcome
next wk im suposeto learn somethin called punctuation. uever heard o that.
im looking forward toit.

B.J. --- doesn't that come from the root word hooker?
I'm the 1 instigator, but I know the one to talk to around here is Gypho Logger. He'll give you answers he doesn't even know. The only bad thing about him is he's from Canada. Thats better than Mexico, but not much. All ways beware of people who build chainsaws or file chains for a living. Very sketchy people!

dummest member

The Post Subject is true. I am the Red Head Step Child in the group or members. What I know about saws would not fill a thimble. What I do know is each member is knowable in different fields about saws Add all this experience together these guys TOP'S the best second to none.

PS at times they can display a great sense of humor. Other times they can apper clannish.

Ok, I'm guilty. Not only am I the sparkplug of this forum, I am also the meadiator who keeps all these "Stump Chumps", from killing each other. It's a tough job, but somebodys got to do it.
If it wasn't for me, 98% of the woodticks here would still be running Muckalucks and Pukealouns.
So as can be seen, I am the quintesential, unequivical "Jack of all Chainsaws", and why wouldn't I be?
I came,
I sawed,
I kicked their butts.

Thanks for trying typhoon but based on the majority of answers here I think I'll try elsewhere. This place seems more like a social gathering for outcasts and misfits.:(

Reanimator,
Like I've been told many times, you can learn by all! Some, learn what to do and some, learn what not to do. You did hit the wedge on the head about outcasts and misfits. I like the term chainsaw nerds better.

Reanimator

Reanimator, hey don't sweat these guys. They are great guys, and if you hang around you will see that your gut will be sore on a daily basis from laughing. This forum has more experienced woodticks than any other on the net, guaranteed. If they slam you, slam them back!! :D
Hopefully you will come back and see just how cool this forum is. Part of the reason that they cannot be serious for more than .004 seconds is because they drink premix instead of coffee in the morning. ANyways good luck!!
Tyhopapoiwoown

Latest posts

Back