Whos up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost 10 left to go...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope ya'll liked the pics..

Sorry they was kinda large but didnt know how to make em smaller....
I enjoyed everyone ,and thanks for always makin me feel welcome.....I sure look forward to the next one!!!!!

Stipes, thanks for the bars and chains. Supercaps, thanks for the two Homelites. I hope you enjoy your new toy.

BTW, I found the Sure Shot cans at Graingers for <$30. I've got a Graingers real close here too.

Sorry they was kinda large but didnt know how to make em smaller....
I enjoyed everyone ,and thanks for always makin me feel welcome.....I sure look forward to the next one!!!!!

I heard I missed out on you making a cant with the Mini Mill Sunday. Next time I WILL bring the Alaskan:)

Enjoyed Mike's playing for us...

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who came and made this thing a big success. :clap:

I had a lot of fun doing this and it was nice to sit around the fire and get to know everybody and listen to Mike play guitar and sing. If you didn't come or didn't stay you really missed out.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDciDUZZBmo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDciDUZZBmo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Wish I could play at least sing like he can....It was fun sittin around the fire,,and listening to Mike playing,,,and Niks stories of all he went tru.....Nik,,never laughted so hard in so long....

Sounds great Bro!!!

I heard I missed out on you making a cant with the Mini Mill Sunday. Next time I WILL bring the Alaskan:)

I wished I had the alaskan for the first cut,,but it went pretty good with the mini mill...Grabbed a couple of square cants that been cut,,screwed em on each ends,,and then my board on top of them then ripped the side down,,went alot easyer after that.....

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

This is a great pic. Future chainsaw nuts! Its great to see whole families involved.:clap:

Your so welcome Brad...

Stipes, thanks for the bars and chains. Supercaps, thanks for the two Homelites. I hope you enjoy your new toy.

BTW, I found the Sure Shot cans at Graingers for <$30. I've got a Graingers real close here too.

I screwed up when I bought the .404 bar and chain...I was lucky when I found the 28 inch 3/8ths for my Mcc. last week..Shame I had to drive all the was to Somerset Ky. (over a hour and ahalf away)for it,,and it was their last one that been sitting for along time they said...

It's a Mcc. chain....

Do you know what brand that .404 chain is?

I think Oregon made them for Mcc...Brad,,,I found the links in my glove box yesterday,,I knew I would forget something,,,send em tomorrow,,,just I dont have the drivers or cutters....I think thats for a 24 inch bar....

Thanks for all the great pics, Stipes! I like em big, easy for us old guys to see um. LOL Was glad to meet and talk with you and Gink595, a couple of fellow cant makers. :clap:
I posted a pic couple days ago of you running the mini-mill Stipes, for those that weren't there sunday!

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg!!!

Thanks for all the great pics, Stipes! I like em big, easy for us old guys to see um. LOL Was glad to meet and talk with you and Gink595, a couple of fellow cant makers. :clap:
I posted a pic couple days ago of you running the mini-mill Stipes, for those that weren't there sunday!

Gregg,

I'll prb. start millin hard and heavy in a few weeks....Right now I got all my logs next to my tree stand,,and gonna wait till blackpower weekend is over with on the 17-18th...I'm all most outta dryed boards!!
Glad to have meet you,,and hope to see you again....

The links here..

Maybe I can match it up with an Oregon chain and add some links to it.

They had to order them frm Oregon...The issue here ,,was they couldnt get the drivers and cutters...I think that was the straw that broke the camels back and why I gave up.... You wont believe how big a issue it was to at least find any links...Every shop I went to they would say *what size* like they thought I was messing with em,,,or soon as I said for a .404 chain they would cut me off and say,,no,,cant help you at all....
One place that was a Mcc. dealer in the 60's tru the early 80's here,,my friend worked for them and they moved to a new place last year and trew away all the Mcc. parts,,chains,,all in a dumpster,,and wouldnt let him have anything....New old stock.....Pretty sad......

Heres a little video of Stipes & Mini Mill from Sunday :clap:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/Gregg500/100_0030.flv">

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg!!!

Wow..I didnt think anyone was makin a vid. of me doin that....At least I had the lid on my tool box closed....I learned the first time I milled with it near by...LOL!! Thanks again Gregg...That shows how the mini mill works....With the Alaskan mill it's a must!!!!!

Fish, if you brought the bar tip lubers, thanks a bunch for those. I was just getting ready to order some. Now I have enough for quite some time:)

Fish, if you brought the bar tip lubers, thanks a bunch for those. I was just getting ready to order some. Now I have enough for quite some time:)

Your welcome...Oh wait I'm not FISH...

I brought them...Picked the whole box up on an auction w/ 3 brand new plastic wedges for $2.50...I took the wedges and a couple of the grease guns and brought the rest down to give away...Glad somebody can use them...

Latest posts

Back