why are saw motors so weak????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nasty engine was in the NSR500 roadracing bike. 498cc, 205 HP. This was a normally aspirated 2-stroke. The price of the bike? only $1.1 Million. Yes saw engines are pretty lame but they have so many strikes against them, exhaust tuning being one of the biggest. They are also designed to live longer than a racing 2-stroke. They have emissions criteria they must adhere to. They do alright for what they are. A simple piston port, air-cooled 2-stroke. (And I happen to love chainsaws so shut-up) ha ha. Cheers, Simon.

A nasty engine was in the NSR500 roadracing bike. 498cc, 205 HP. This was a normally aspirated 2-stroke. The price of the bike? only $1.1 Million. Yes saw engines are pretty lame but they have so many strikes against them, exhaust tuning being one of the biggest. They are also designed to live longer than a racing 2-stroke. They have emissions criteria they must adhere to. They do alright for what they are. A simple piston port, air-cooled 2-stroke. (And I happen to love chainsaws so shut-up) ha ha. Cheers, Simon.

Sort of "normally aspirated" but...... C'est la guerre

To be fair.....why don't you post it in classifieds here and auction it?

Because I wasn't planning on selling it on AS, then you mentioned how much you like them so I thought I'd let you know I had one. I was going to wait to sell till spring since most people don't want to buy a moped in december. I PM'ed you where I'm at since you had PM'ed me asking, but for anyone else interested, I am in the Bangor, ME area.

Latest posts

Back