Why are Stihl's so big and heavy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Answer to Why Stihl saws are heavy.

Stihl saws are heavy cause they have big balls.:msp_ohmy:

Big balls = big boy underwear.

Simple physics really..

Stihl = husky if you ask me. Different but equal.

Farm Boss or Farm Hoss?

The whole farmboss 029, 290, 039, 390 is a big cash cow for Stihl...... and they really & truly are total pigs. The 025//250 is a decent little saw but surely not a top performer with a fixed jet carb. I traded my beloved Stihl 028 Super for a Stihl 029 Super FarmBoss(first and only new saw) on the advise of my local dealer when they first came out..... Nuff said? Big heavy crack! Lot more low end grunt is what they said.....LOL We used to get trunk wood from the county and the first time I put that saw to work it showed its true lack of colors. It might be a great saw for pruning the Lilacs but try to buck up a 30" around and 25ft long oak trunks and your gonna see it fall on its fat face from heat stroke. I have a whole closet full of Stihls and think they make a solid product......and it is kinda pathetic they had to copy the Husky's dampener and clean air systems.....I guess you call that leading from the behind!!! LOL Lose some weight you pigs! :laugh: I will still stick with my old school Stihls :)

The old boy owes me a photo, been years now.

Speaking of photo's..............did you ever get ink for your printer so that I could have my own copy of the "bird flippin", and the "sunlight through saw chips" photo's?

Latest posts

Back