Why doesn't Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The few non-believers such as you Space have been preaching that same story for over 40 years now. Sounds like a old scratched record. Their failure rate during the warranty period is less than 3%, the best in the business so where is the quailty deterioration your yaking about.

I say unto you brother Space, stop spreading false wittness so I can stop correcting you among your peers. Your vague attempt to dethrone Stihl falls upon death ears. Repent Space before its too late. See the light of 37 years at the top baby. Repent before I send the Washington Leopard to really come tan your ornery hide,LOLOLOLOLOL
That's bogus pal, I ain't forty years old! :)

i don't understand.

Main Entry: Wob·bly
Pronunciation: \ˈwä-blē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural Wobblies
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1914
: a member of the Industrial Workers of the World

did she join a union?

Main Entry: 1wob·ble
Variant(s): also wab·ble \ˈwä-bəl\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): wob·bled also wab·bled; wob·bling also wab·bling \-b(ə-)liŋ\
Etymology: probably from Low German wabbeln; akin to Old English wǣfre restless — more at waver
Date: 1657
intransitive verb
1 a: to move or proceed with an irregular rocking or staggering motion or unsteadily and clumsily from side to side b: tremble, quaver
2: waver, vacillate
transitive verb
: to cause to wobble
— wob·bler also wab·bler \-b(ə-)lər\ noun
— wob·bli·ness also wab·bli·ness \ˈwä-blē-nəs\ noun
— wob·bly also wab·bly \ˈwä-b(ə-)lē\ adjective

--------------------------------------

Don't mess with me, Tom Hall!!!

Main Entry: 1wob·ble
Variant(s): also wab·ble \ˈwä-bəl\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): wob·bled also wab·bled; wob·bling also wab·bling \-b(ə-)liŋ\
Etymology: probably from Low German wabbeln; akin to Old English wǣfre restless — more at waver
Date: 1657
intransitive verb
1 a: to move or proceed with an irregular rocking or staggering motion or unsteadily and clumsily from side to side b: tremble, quaver
2: waver, vacillate
transitive verb
: to cause to wobble
— wob·bler also wab·bler \-b(ə-)lər\ noun
— wob·bli·ness also wab·bli·ness \ˈwä-blē-nəs\ noun
— wob·bly also wab·bly \ˈwä-b(ə-)lē\ adjective

--------------------------------------

Don't mess with me, Tom Hall!!!

thanks for clearing that up. is she drinking? you're not peeping are you?

thanks for clearing that up. is she drinking? you're not peeping are you?

This is the true definition I was using:

'Wab·bly' (adj): To have gotten jiggy with Tom T. Hall. Typically a result of shame, misery, and the inclusion of a nanny goat in the process. Usually accompanied by a rash, and pain accompanying urination.

'Wab·bly' (adj): To have gotten jiggy with Tom T. Hall. Typically a result of shame, misery, and the inclusion of a nanny goat in the process. Usually accompanied by a rash, and pain accompanying urination.

heavens! i hope tom t. hall didn't hurt you too badly.

while their competitors make products that out-perform them in every aspect, including price.

I bought Stihl weedeaters this time around because they were the cheapest in town, around $50 cheaper than a comparable Echo (425 vs. 475 as I recall) I've looked at the Shindaiwa's before, even a little more pricey - but the place that sold them wasn't a small engine shop but a JD dealership an hour away.

I'm sure there are a lot of better products out there if you pick through manufacturer/product. But Stihl offers a decent line up if your into 1 stop shopping so to speak.

Around here we have about 5-6 Stihl Dealers within an hours drive. 2 do servicing. Husqvarna has 1 maybe 2 dealerships within the same distance. Only 1 does servicing - and it is primarily a Stihl Dealer. I went in there last friday, they only had 5 Husky saws in stock, all homeowner.

Now as far as JD vs. Kubota: I have used both. They are both excellent machines and both are very popular here. We went with JD because they offer a factory 4 in 1 bucket. Kubota you have to go aftermarket and it cost an extra 2 grand plus to have the custom bucket fabricated and a 3rd SCV hooked up.

i take it from your other thread that you have a wild thing. is that this big tool of which you speak? i thought the wild thing was very small.

No, actually I had the predecessor to the Wild Thing at one point, but I turned it into a model airplane motor.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

That was a good one I must admit. I told ya moma after that affair her and I had that that baby would be sharp as a tack without me around,BTW Woodie, I named ya after what made ya,LOLOLOL

make saws with power outputs comparable to other brands of saws? For a company that claims to be the premier saw manufacturer, isn't it embarrassing that Dolmar offers two different models with almost a cult following and superior power to weight ratios? Is it not embarrassing that Dolmar is competing against Stihl with a fraction of the dealer network and support?

I licked the spoon this mornin' Space, so I'll be your Huckleberry.

The reason Dolmar can be competitive with Stihl is because they are small and nimble. They are exploiting their competitive advantage of what I like to term "Ninja."

The thing with a "ninja company" is that they can make changes more readily than a larger company. They can sneak into a market without being noticed by #1.

Think about it, Ninja.

Fred

I have to admit I didn't research other brands much. My dad has an 041, that he bought used over 20 years ago (maybe actually 30 years ago). It's ate a lot of wood and is still going strong. I didn't need to look much farther than that. I got a Stihl.

If Stihl is so great, why did they only place 6th in the last world logging champs? Guess what brand took the other top ten spots?

yip

its husky 372

for a company that prides itself on telling everyone that they are the loggers saw, stihl sure suck when it counts. 6th place, woo hoo. everyone gets a prize.

october 08 germany is the next world champs. i cant wait.

Back