WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Davec and I will be pulling out of Hudson, WI around 9 am so it will be about 10:30 or so when the real saws get there. :popcorn::poke:

unable to make it up to the gtg funds are a little tight right now, and the dodge only gets 10 mpg so cant afford gas:mad: maybe i can make it next time, sucks because i just got a new 031 for $20 and just got it running about an hour ago all it needed was a good cleaning. some redneck parts fiting off an 056

Somebody must have forgotten to tell Ma Nature that wdchuck ain't coming...sure is getting foggy. Drive safe everyone, and I'll see y'all up there, should be on site by 9 or so.

Gonna have to drive the car tomorrow, need brake work on the truck, and the ground's a little too wet and cold to be rolling around under it right now. How many saws fit in the trunk of an Impala?

You guys have a good time we'll check all your pic when we get back from our Mo GTG. Two GTG the same day, thats a bunch of saws! I haven't looked hope you have good weather, we got a little rain coming.

That many saws running in one general area of the globe could just alter the Earths rotation.......... I'll bet we could even end up losing close to an hour overnight.......

Have some good fun guys!

Thanks Sawtroll, Sure wish you could make it to one....... I could spend days picking your brain trying to soak up a fraction of that vast knowledge...

il be bringing 2 more dolkitas i scored tonight. man do i have luck. these ones better then my first one. they need some tuning. see you guys in the am.

I am getting ready to leave now....

I was going to leave around 11 but the MIL decided she wanted the bathroom sink in NOW. I'll be rolling in early in the weeeeeee morning hours....3-4 maybe. See you guys there.

Hope all goes well for everyone! Looking forward to some pictures, I'm stuck working 7 day 12 hour weeks now until Easter.

Finally sent all the AS guests to bed. There has been plenty of bsing going on.
Been having a good time already. There has been lots of filing in the shop tonight, getting ready for the big day tomorrow. Oh I guess that is today.:monkey:

with all this mud should I bring the Gator? at least people can use it to haul things from where they park.

I've also got a vice mounted in the front reciever, nice for sharpening.

Early GTG Report

Family commitment had me leaving early. Our saw raffle was such a huge hit that we drew for TWO! DOLMAR 5100's with heated handles. Many guys bought more than 1 ticket-THANKS A TON! Jeep-n-Jesse and VINIFIREWOOD were the lucky winners. Thanks also to the mods for allowing us to do this-All proceeds will be forwarded to INTERFAITH CAREGIVERS of Burnett Co. Wisc. Many cameras were also in attendence, I'm sure many pictures will follow.WGP

well assuming your day was better than mine.
Headed north early and about Rush City the alternator on the ancient minivan (which was on duty as the SUV was in the shop for work) quit. Headed back home, get an hour of travel until the bat voltage was too low to run, then some charging by good samaritans, and repeat process. got home and changed it (napa replaced it free but it is a PITA that the qc is getting poor on once great brands) so life is back to normal.

Missed the great people, the great barbecue and great fun.

So the modified Mild Thing will remain untuned and untested, and the gallon of homemade strawberry ice cream will go right to my wasteline.

awaiting pics

Boyd: I still want the HD filter kit, PM sent.

kcj

kcj

A couple of quick "best of" shots before I head out for the night. I've got well over 100 pics I'll get uploaded to an online album, and probably post more here as well.

Trailer load of saws, I'd say this is MAYBE 1/4 of the total there, or less:

attachment.php

Mr Heimann with one of his big Macs working over a 30 some inch poplar. I think this is his 840, but could be one of the 125s. Remember the size of this log, it will play into another pic.

attachment.php

Dinner on the grill, thanks to everyone who brought the great grub, especially Redlinefever for the pork butts:

attachment.php

One of the guys after attacking the poplar with a short barred hotrod Stihl. I have a video of this to get up tomorrow, impressive:

attachment.php

Group photo:

attachment.php

I'll be back shortly with shots of the saw winners, and a nice pic of Thorcw's new safety gear :D

I didn't take my camera out much, but this is a partial shot of the saws there. I bet this isn't even close to half of them. Edit: Looks like Steve is faster on the draw than me...

Interesting time, good people, lots of neat saws! Big thanks to JD for hosting and the sponsors.

attachment.php

Last edited:
The boys decided Thorcw could use an apparel upgrade, here's the new sawin shades, picked to match the exhaust stylings of the "Minnesota Mosquito"

attachment.php

Here's Wetgunpowder presenting the winners with their saws. (Actually the same saw, the response wasn't expected to be this much. Only one saw was originally going to be raffled off, so I think Vinifirewood took this saw home with him, and JeepnJesse will receive his soon.) If I remember right, I think $400 or so will be given to Interfaith Caregivers as a result of the raffle.

JeepnJesse:

attachment.php

Vinifirewood:

attachment.php

NOTE: In case of mad significant others over a new saw, this post shall be considered legal proof that the saws were not in fact purchased with momma's jewelry money!

Later everyone, gotta go :cheers: with the neighbor for a bit. Oh, and don't forget to set them dang clocks ahead tonight.

Latest posts

Back