Wish I could have used my 7900 yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Finally got out to cut some wood. I really needed the Dolmar 7900 for some of the cutting, but I sold my last new air filter to a customer, and my 7900 is without a filter. Well guess what? The dealer close to me does not stock air filters for the PS6400/7300/7900 series saw. Now I guess I am in the same boat as many Dolmar customers. Can't find dealers who stock typical spare service parts. Doesn't do much good to have the best 80cc saw out there when it needs a part in order to run!

I got my PS5100 pinched and had to go retrieve the only other running saw I have right now, a Stihl 015 AVE. I was pleasantly surprised with how that thing cut with the 1/4" pitch chain on it. I actually used it for a while and it was kind of fun.

So in one breathe you ask the site to boycott the company then in the next you basically tell the world that you love the product. If you sold the air filter out of your own saw, did the buyer understand he was getting used parts?

this is getting silly... If you ever was a real dealer you would of had plenty of air filters in stock... We carry a minimum of 20 at all times.. Maybe thats WHY you was canceled you did not stock enough parts to service what you even used yourself not to mention the dozen or so saws you sold local. :sucks:
Scott

cuttinscott said:
this is getting silly... If you ever was a real dealer you would of had plenty of air filters in stock... We carry a minimum of 20 at all times.. Maybe thats WHY you was canceled you did not stock enough parts to service what you even used yourself not to mention the dozen or so saws you sold local. :sucks:
Scott

You carry a minimum of 20, wow. If you was a real dealer you'd have a few 100 in stock but then again no more saws than Dolmar sells I guess 20 would supply the whole country. We can't help but laff, its good to be the King.

cuttinscott said:
Scott[/QUOTE

Real dealers employ proper English usage.
If your standard usage causes other people to consider you stupid or ignorant, you may want to consider changing it or sell Husqvarnas. You have the right to express yourself in any manner you please, but if you wish to communicate effectively, you should use nonstandard English only when you intend to, rather than fall into it because you don’t know any better.
:cheers:

Scott...you got it made in the shade up there in NY with Atlantic Power. I'd bet that if I needed parts here in the Tennessee Valley by mid-week I would be out of luck. It is likely that the local bicycle shop doesn't stock even a filter for a 111. This area is covered by SEDCO. Face it...the main problem is with the distributor. If you were down in this region, your distributor would be Sedco and then you might only be a Lawn Mower/Bicycle Shop that doesn't keep many Dolmar saws or parts in stock. On the bright side, proper English usage might be considered optional. heh heh

Elmore said:
cuttinscott said:
Scott[/QUOTE

Real dealers employ proper English usage.
If your standard usage causes other people to consider you stupid or ignorant, you may want to consider changing it or sell Husqvarnas. You have the right to express yourself in any manner you please, but if you wish to communicate effectively, you should use nonstandard English only when you intend to, rather than fall into it because you don’t know any better.
:cheers:

Now Elmore you have to understand, this is not a english class site. This is a site in which a Dolmar seller is getting very upset with Tony complaining about his beloved product that he sells. The product in question happens to be a Dolmar product of which Tony can not, for whatever reason, get a simple air filter for. Proper english has nothing to do with these conflicting veiws of one man saying Dolmar sucks and the other man that sells them is getting upset. I for one have been sitting here for a hour, wanting to get up and go get a haircut, watching this thread continue. We Stihl dealers have no such issues so we enjoy such conversation as Tony's and the other man. I do however hope as the saga continues on the pages of this thread Tony somehow, most likely by way of a mircale, gets a new air filter free of charge from the man that is unhappy with Tony's comments. By way of a total mircale this conversation may conclude with Dolmar stepping in and doing something about how they sell their products. Its quite obvious they never have marketed their products very well and the end result is having people like Tony bringing it out in the open. So much for proper english. I say let them there ole boys slug it outs and we aints even gots to buys a ticket. Don't get much better than this since ole queen had da pups under the porch last week,:)

it amazes me the lack of tolerance demonstrated by some here for others opinions. its not new to the forum ,as ive been here a while ,and seen a lotto bashing before. never saw it come to any good. i guess its just a human characteristic . good luck tony in your personal problems and buisines problems as well. u are rite the boycott was probably a bad idea .but in time ,if u think things out ,u can get straitened out one step at a time.again good luck tony
so now bash my literary skills. many on here are not possessors of great formal educations. just a student of life my self

You would think that cuttinscott would say, hey tonym we have like 20 filters on the shelf for the 7900 and I will send you 5 of them next day if you want them. But noooo we dont do that do we. Like the way tony treated people here with questions etc. Not kicking everyone for BS.
P.S. Dont even know what proper english is being born KY. Cant spell for crap either. I just have to do math for my job hehe.

Cut4fun said:
You would think that cuttinscott would say, hey tonym we have like 20 filters on the shelf for the 7900 and I will send you 5 of them next day if you want them. But noooo we dont do that do we. Like the way tony treated people here with questions etc. Not kicking everyone for BS.
P.S. Dont even know what proper english is being born KY. Cant spell for crap either. I just have to do math for my job hehe.

Well by Joe I sorts of agrees with ya. No needs for proper english if ya can utter stands whatcha saying. I thinks Scott should send Tony a dayumm filter for free just to show Tony all Dolmar dealer aren't like Dolamr the company or its distributors. I mean what da heck, he'll still have bout 19 in stock. Thats enuff to supply the whole east coast of the USA. I mean we're yaking about Dolmar here, tant many out there thanks to thier uhhhhhhhhh ways. They gotta hurry up and resolve this so I can get up and get my hair cut sometime today.

THALL10326 said:
Elmore said:
We Stihl dealers have no such issues so we enjoy... QUOTE]

Yes...I agree. You Stihl Dealer are a different breed, indeed. I recently went looking for a Stihl chain, a 33RS. I spoke with many Stihl dealers over the phone and a couple in person. Many of them were apparently still paying off their student loans as was apparent by their asking price of said chain. Higher education is an expensive commodity. I ended up forking out the big bucks for a Stihl chain at a local Stihl dealer...I guess I was beguiled by the dealer's feminine mystique. :)

Elmore said:
THALL10326 said:
Yes...I agree. You Stihl Dealer are a different breed, indeed. I recently went looking for a Stihl chain, a 33RS. I spoke with many Stihl dealers over the phone and a couple in person. Many of them were apparently still paying off their student loans as was apparent by their asking price of said chain. Higher education is an expensive commodity. I ended up forking out the big bucks for a Stihl chain at a local Stihl dealer...I guess I was beguiled by the dealer's feminine mystique. :)

hahahahaha. Now we know Oregon sells for less but heck they know what they're product is worth. We don't mind them selling for less when we know the quality is less too. Ya get what ya pay for. In some cases like Tony's he wants to pay and still can't get it. Now thats bad, dont you agree?

Tony,
Give me your address and I will send you an air filter UPS Next Day Air at no charge!

You carry a minimum of 20, wow. If you was a real dealer you'd have a few 100 in stock but then again no more saws than Dolmar sells I guess 20 would supply the whole country. We can't help but laff, its good to be the King.
We have a local Arborist who runs all Dolmar saws except for a couple Stihl MS200T Top Handles. He had one with a broken handle so he brought it to the local stihl dealer. Dealer had to order the handle, and the customer waited 4 weeks for the handle to show up. Then he was fed up waiting for so he stopped here grabbed one of his old 020T's that was sitting on our shelf, and took it to the other dealer to have them fix it!

166 said:
Tony,
Give me your address and I will send you an air filter UPS Next Day Air at no charge!

We have a local Arborist who runs all Dolmar saws except for a couple Stihl MS200T Top Handles. He had one with a broken handle so he brought it to the local stihl dealer. Dealer had to order the handle, and the customer waited 4 weeks for the handle to show up. Then he was fed up waiting for so he stopped here grabbed one of his old 020T's that was sitting on our shelf, and took it to the other dealer to have them fix it!

Well lookie there. Now I wonder why that was posted, did we finally get to ya?? You my friend are a prime example of why Tony is having so many problems. You have way too many problems with Dolmar to be worried about Stihl's too. For what its worth to ya Stihl sells more saws in a hour than Dolmar sells in a year, possibly 2 years. Care to explain how they do that if the service is as bad as you just claimed? I am glad you are giving in and sending Tony a filter, its the least you could do. I don't think your going to convince him however, after what Dolmar did to him, that Dolmar is even in the same league with Stihl. One day maybe, but right now Dolmar doesn't sell enough saws to buy enough shoe polish to polish Stihl's shoes. I say that just because its true. Now get that man his filter, glad you decided someone should look out for a Dolmar customer. My hat is off to you.

THALL10326 said:
Well lookie there. Now I wonder why that was posted, did we finally get to ya?? You my friend are a prime example of why Tony is having so many problems. You have way too many problems with Dolmar to be worried about Stihl's too. For what its worth to ya Stihl sells more saws in a hour than Dolmar sells in a year, possibly 2 years. Care to explain how they do that if the service is as bad as you just claimed? I am glad you are giving in and sending Tony a filter, its the least you could do. I don't think your going to convince him however, after what Dolmar did to him, that Dolmar is even in the same league with Stihl. One day maybe, but right now Dolmar doesn't sell enough saws to buy enough shoe polish to polish Stihl's shoes. I say that just because its true. Now get that man his filter, glad you decided someone should look out for a Dolmar customer. My hat is off to you.

All i'm saying that there is good dealers & not so good dealers.

166 said:
All i'm saying that there is good dealers & not so good dealers.

You are 100% correct. I think though I was getting to ya with my orenry posts and if so I meant to. Tony has had a ruff time and sending him a free filter won't kill ya. Glad you decided to bend alittle on his behalf instead of playing the blame game of who did what and why. Sometime its better to bend and give alittle. Tony will apprecaite your gesture I'm sure. I know I do so now I'll quit picking on ya and go get me a haircut. Be good my friend, you did well.

Back