Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappiest Stihl ever made...

Ive never liked the Stihls, but Ive always repsected that they were build fairly stoutly...not saying it's required or nessecary to be built as stout as an 044...but thi thing was like going from an old Muscle car..tight, well built...to a Neon...cheaply made, lots of plastic...

Smart move not to compare a pro saws with homeowner... Oh, that's right, echo only make "commercial" grade.. lolol

As I said before, this saw has less plastic than the Stihl homeowners saws of the past 12 years...

If I have to go that far, I will.

When I was at the Echo school, they had some Echo motors that were cross sectioned. Man that's cool! It reminded me of your Stihl Jug thread...but with seals, bearings, gaskets, crank and rod still installed and turning.

yes.. I tried to swipe one of those from Stihl once, but... I want one for my shop! Hmmm... With a mill it shouldn't lt be too difficult might have to make one... 4-mix would be cute.

attachment.php

Red what is the part made out of that the arrows are pointing to on this echo 510..?????

Red must be paging through his echo books to determine what part with the arrows on the echo is made of....I sure hope its not plastic ;)

Red must be paging through his echo books to determine what part with the arrows on the echo is made of....I sure hope its not plastic ;)

Im thinking that case is metal on my 520. I know the case that the Recoil mounts to is Metal, the peice that the Rear handle and AV cradel bolts to is Metal.

The 520 replaced the 510, so Ill go with Metal.

I've never had an echo in my possession, but I'm betting your wrong. I thought they would have taught you that at echo school.

Hmmmm..... so why would they have a metal clam on the bottom of the cylinder if the rest was metal...

Last edited:
He'd better be in bed - it's 2.30am there, and we don't want him working on a fine Stihl tomorrow with eye buggers.

Only 1:40am Here...

Wont be working on any Stihls tommorrow. just going to clean up the 350 from doing some test cuts. And clean up the CS-520, and the PP220 from getting that wood.

If I feel like it I want to try and get the Partner running right.

Only 1:40am Here...

Wont be working on any Stihls tommorrow. just going to clean up the 350 from doing some test cuts. And clean up the CS-520, and the PP220 from getting that wood.

If I feel like it I want to try and get the Partner running right.
While your cleaning up your 520 see if you can confirm your answer on what that part is made out of.

I've never had an echo in my possession, but I'm betting your wrong. I thought they would have taught you that at echo school.

On my 520, the case that the recoil housing directly bolts to is Metal. Going by the above illustration, that would be the main case that the engine bolts to, which is also metal on my 520.

Latest posts

Back