Wky gtg 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 more weeks:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I just got done going through the shop and filling a box for the gtg,,, all this stuff will be free to a good home,, if no one claims it then I will sneak whats left into someones truck,,

6 more weeks:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I just got done going through the shop and filling a box for the gtg,,, all this stuff will be free to a good home,, if no one claims it then I will sneak whats left into someones truck,,

I think I previously put dibs on the Poulan stuff, but if not, I have now. Just picked up an Echo 900 today I will be bringing.

Ok well as some of you know I've been loaned a 394 for the build off. A fellow member zogger had a 394 he hadnt used a whole lot so he figured leaving with me to build break in and run would be mutually beneficial. It was a great offer so we agreed it was a deal. Fast forward to today

Got the saw in the mail day before yesterday. Looked everything over tested out fine 165lbs compression and vac tested well. I ran it some and it was strong so I was good to go to pull some numbers. Intake was a little low but I noticed the base gasket was deleted. Then I noticed the transfers were raised to stockish numbers and the exhaust was a couple degrees low. Pulled the jug and found finger ports. The transfers had been raised some as well.

I'm a fair person and I wouldn't take credit for work I didn't do. Would this still be ok as my build off saw or do I need to find something else? I'm not looking to have anyone feel cheated or doubt my work so I wanted to put this out there.

Ok well as some of you know I've been loaned a 394 for the build off. A fellow member zogger had a 394 he hadnt used a whole lot so he figured leaving with me to build break in and run would be mutually beneficial. It was a great offer so we agreed it was a deal. Fast forward to today

Got the saw in the mail day before yesterday. Looked everything over tested out fine 165lbs compression and vac tested well. I ran it some and it was strong so I was good to go to pull some numbers. Intake was a little low but I noticed the base gasket was deleted. Then I noticed the transfers were raised to stockish numbers and the exhaust was a couple degrees low. Pulled the jug and found finger ports. The transfers had been raised some as well.

I'm a fair person and I wouldn't take credit for work I didn't do. Would this still be ok as my build off saw or do I need to find something else? I'm not looking to have anyone feel cheated or doubt my work so I wanted to put this out there.

I say play the hand you're dealt...
Do your worst...

guildo here is what I have,,,when I get a junk saw I pull the bars and mark them,, these bars are what I pulled them off of
sachs 116 bar
3.7 cfraftsman bar
3400 countra,,, I don't even remember that one but that's what I marked on it
you get first choice so let me know which one you can use and I will mark it then if the other guys wants to claim one let me know and I will have them at the gtg

Hmmmmmm

For now all I have is a 385, and a 346 that thinks its a 395.

With any luck I might have a 2188 by then. Like the idea of running dull chain for everyone. Keep the playing field level. :cool2:

gtg

Mrs J sign me up. I'll probably bring a couple of my boys too. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm glad I found my way back in time for the gtg!

Mrs J sign me up. I'll probably bring a couple of my boys too. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm glad I found my way back in time for the gtg!

make sure you introduce yourself to me shades,,, I should say NEIGHBOR:D:D

im the one with the mustache. hard to miss. and my wife was the one that made the banana puddin' last fall. but ive got a recipe for sawdust pie im wanting to bring too

I'm getting anxious here. I've been looking for an excuse to go back to Kentucky for a while now.

Back