Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each box hold a little over 5 cord and it takes about 20 minutes to load with the loader. About 2 hours running both processors into it.

a while back i saw a guy skidding wood down the road with a three wheeler pulling a truck bed liner. i wish i could of got a picture. sometimes you do what you got to do if you dont have the cash.

Here is what we load with.

And a couple loads ready to go. These 2 were loaded in December on a day when it was raining/snowing. They are froze solid and won't dump out. I'm waiting for a day when it gets to 40 to dump them out. It happens every year . Good thing I got plenty of boxes.

Here's my wood haulers. First is a '93 Dodge Dakota w/318 V8. Has 164,000-ish miles on her. Could use a little more ground cleance, otherwise is very good in the woods. Owned 3 years this September
attachment.php

Next is a '90 Chevy K1500 350 V8 w/ 3" in Rancho suspension lift. Has 107,000-ish miles, got it with 62,900 miles 4 years ago.
attachment.php

And yes, I do haul wood in the Chevy. It hasn't been used in the winter for almost 3 years now. (sucks living in the rust belt!)

Last edited:
Small Potato's

Compared to a lot of the rigs in this post, mine is definitely in the small potato category. The trailer is 4x6 with 3' sides.

attachment.php

Any of the sides will come off for easy loading or unloading.

attachment.php

Side note. For any of you that remember the controversy about J.J. putting a 046 cylinder on a 044, the front left saw is it. I have had it since Jan. '05 and it is still running strong!

attachment.php

I unload the small stuff into my little trailer and take it to the pile to be stacked. Saves extra handling.

attachment.php

The bigger stuff gets stacked waiting to be split.

attachment.php

After reading some of the posts about firewood getting stolen, I have decided to store some of it inside. When I finish splitting this load it should bring the pile up to the bottom of the storage area. It will be 4x8x6'. I may add another rank in the front.

attachment.php

When I am not using the trailer much, the sides come off and get laid up against the wall, then the tongue comes off and the trailer gets tipped up on end against the sides. Takes up very little space.

my home made hauler

I'm not sure I know how to post pics but i'll try.
This is my 17ft. trailer with the 8900 lb wench

MVC-004S.jpg

MVC-005S.jpg

Some of the logs I hauled in.

MVC-008S.jpg

Cart I use for the house

MVC-003S.jpg

Here are a couple of mine 2000 Chevy 1500 4x4,04 Honda Foreman & splitter, 5x8 trailer.My wife follows me on the ATV with the splitter & I drive the truck & trailer.
100_1952.jpg

logsplitter007.jpg

logsplitter009.jpg

Nice pics guys!
Zipper,is the farm use shoe polish to keep the DOT and local commercial enforcement from bothering you?

Back