Woods saw / Race Saw, what's the dif

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLAYINWOOD said:
Rick I rarely "pillow" talk about my personal conversations with anyone but I will take the exception now.Ed has told me he has raced with and against Cliff many times and even stayed overnight at his house.Ed Heard has absolutley the greatest respect for Cliffs building and racing skills.He told me Cliff is "quick with a backhand" to any rudeness or unpoliteness to a racer and /or guest in his house.Thats a guy I would have a drink with.Which gets me to the point Rik,Does Cliff know what you've created?

I think the best thing for you to do is call Cliff. Ed has his no.If you cant get his # I will P.M.it to you.

Rick.

First I will answer skwerl. When Ed's forum comes out it will go over like GF did. Like a box of rocks. You will have a few sign up and then it will taper off. If it doesn't good for him, but I seriously doubt it. He barely has a clue on how to turn on the computer no less run a forum. He must have somebody doing something for him. I can dig up old posts from years back. That this site is dying or there is nothing on here. YEARS!!! Cancer kills faster and usually when you are dying you get smaller numbers. Some strange cancer.
For some of you other guys who can't seem to open the beer bottle. I can't belive some of you still think this is about Ed the builder. It's not and never has been. When reading I can tell plain as day its about Ed the person. Where did the personal get either side. Nowhere. One guy here asks "Ed and Lies" What? Where have you been and if you are going to argue I would know what the arguement is about. I have known a lot of people in my life and if I knew I was right I would want to voice it. Especially, if it I was demeaning me. I think all the people I know would do the same. So what so special about Ed? Is it that he is hiding something? Or is it that he is wanting to look like the better man for it. Problem if its the latter. I personally don't believe either side until both have spoken. I will base the facts on my findings to be true. This isn't freshman year geography where you can teach opinion. The problem is this. Ed is a great guy to help everyone out. Ed is a great guy because he builds a great saw. Ed is a great guy because he won't send your saw back disassembled in a box. Yadayadayada. I want to believe the nice guy too. Who doesn't. Bill Clinton was for the american people. Bill Clinton was a nice guy. Bill Clinton tried to help us out. Bill Clinton told a few white lies. He admitted them and we went on. Here is a prime example of what we are talking about. Ed said something like this. "I've won all the other races but Webster" Wow!!!! This guy is huge!! So by these guys calling him on a quote like that and Ed not answering they are jerks? Agreed that the way that it was gone about was wrong. No doubt. What a better opportunity if it were true to list all the races that you won to get MORE business. It just doesn't make sense not answering that.....AT ALL! It said something to the effect that he hadn't been to Webster. Wouldn't you go to the superbowl of racing if you won all the others? I have posted this arguement before and for some reason we revert to the fact that Ed builds crap. This simply isn't the arguement these guys are trying to convey. Why did we hear his buddies like you PLAYINWOOD answer all questions for him? Because you are his friend and you care about him. Cool, I respect that. I was Dennis Greffard's friend and I stuck up for him. That got me along way. I stuck up for DD and that got me a golden sombrero. I have been used before so I can tell when others are being used. Start thinking with your head and not your heart on this one. They are small white lies. Really no big deal as it doesn't change Ed the saw builder, just Ed the man. Just admit when you are hyping yourself. That's all. Yes, to end, that is all this little fued is about. HYPE. Just as big of hype as it is that you can sue somebody for something other people say. BTW-Rick I am sueing you for something you said about Ed. Remember, you guys are the writers and the words are copywrited through you. You know I have tried to please all parties here for a long time. Its impossible. I really could careless what you guys think about me. Do you know that even though that Gypo and Dennis are sometimes rude that they also create some of the best ratings that AS has ever had? Some hate that drama. I do to a point to but some of it is a riot. Would you come here if it was a years worth of questions about oil and chain sharpening? Yeah for a month and then it gets boring. Was this good for AS to loose Ed as a sponsor. No, but Ed lost AS too. Some little po dunk site is not going to get 'r done. This is an interesting but touchy subject to talk about, but it does get people reading. Look at this thread. Its like 6 pages long. Why? Because it interests you or you wouldn't be here or you wouldn't be reading it. For the guys that are on the fence about the drama, I am sorry. For the most part especially in the Arborist area, its really not like this. I feel there is a lot of learning to be had on this site. There is also an entertainment side you have to look at. If this isn't what you are looking for there are other sites that may fit your personality better. I will also be looking at sponsors more closely in the future. Just because you have money to sponsor doesn't mean you automatically get in. A little homework first will help out in the end hopefully.

Last edited:
Darin said:
First I will answer skwerl. When Ed's forum comes out it will go over like GF did. Like a box of rocks. You will have a few sign up and then it will taper off. If it doesn't good for him, but I seriously doubt it. He barely has a clue on how to turn on the computer no less run a forum. He must have somebody doing something for him. I can dig up old posts from years back. That this site is dying or there is nothing on here. YEARS!!! Cancer kills faster and usually when you are dying you get smaller numbers. Some strange cancer.
For some of you other guys who can't seem to open the beer bottle. I can't belive some of you still think this is about Ed the builder. It's not and never has been. When reading I can tell plain as day its about Ed the person. The personal attacks were unvalidated but so were kf_trees that were actually before theirs. So both sides have had their personal attacks. Where did it get either side. Nowhere. One guy here asks "Ed and Lies" What? Where have you been and if you are going to argue I would know what the arguement is about. I have known a lot of people in my life and if I knew I was right I would want to voice it. Especially, if it I was demeaning me. I think all the people I know would do the same. So what so special about Ed? Is it that he is hiding something? Or is it that he is wanting to look like the better man for it. Problem if its the latter. I personally don't believe either side until both have spoken. I will base the facts on my findings to be true. This isn't freshman year geography where you can teach opinion. The problem is this. Ed is a great guy to help everyone out. Ed is a great guy because he builds a great saw. Ed is a great guy because he won't send your saw back disassembled in a box. Yadayadayada. I want to believe the nice guy too. Who doesn't. Bill Clinton was for the american people. Bill Clinton was a nice guy. Bill Clinton tried to help us out. Bill Clinton told a few white lies. He admitted them and we went on. Here is a prime example of what we are talking about. Ed said something like this. "I've won all the other races but Webster" Wow!!!! This guy is huge!! So by these guys calling him on a quote like that and Ed not answering they are jerks? Agreed that the way that it was gone about was wrong. No doubt. What a better opportunity if it were true to list all the races that you won to get MORE business. It just doesn't make sense not answering that.....AT ALL! It said something to the effect that he hadn't been to Webster. Wouldn't you go to the superbowl of racing if you won all the others? I have posted this arguement before and for some reason we revert to the fact that Ed builds crap. This simply isn't the arguement these guys are trying to convey. Why did we hear his buddies like you PLAYINWOOD answer all questions for him? Because you are his friend and you care about him. Cool, I respect that. I was Dennis Greffard's friend and I stuck up for him. That got me along way. I stuck up for DD and that got me a golden sombrero. I have been used before so I can tell when others are being used. Start thinking with your head and not your heart on this one. They are small white lies. Really no big deal as it doesn't change Ed the saw builder, just Ed the man. Just admit when you are hyping yourself. That's all. Yes, to end, that is all this little fued is about. HYPE. Just as big of hype as it is that you can sue somebody for something other people say. BTW-Rick I am sueing you for something you said about Ed. Remember, you guys are the writers and the words are copywrited through you. You know I have tried to please all parties here for a long time. Its impossible. I really could careless what you guys think about me. Do you know that even though that Gypo and Dennis are sometimes rude that they also create some of the best ratings that AS has ever had? Some hate that drama. I do to a point to but some of it is a riot. Would you come here if it was a years worth of questions about oil and chain sharpening? Yeah for a month and then it gets boring. Was this good for AS to loose Ed as a sponsor. No, but Ed lost AS too. Some little po dunk site is not going to get 'r done. This is an interesting but touchy subject to talk about, but it does get people reading. Look at this thread. Its like 6 pages long. Why? Because it interests you or you wouldn't be here or you wouldn't be reading it. For the guys that are on the fence about the drama, I am sorry. For the most part especially in the Arborist area, its really not like this. I feel there is a lot of learning to be had on this site. There is also an entertainment side you have to look at. If this isn't what you are looking for there are other sites that may fit your personality better. I will also be looking at sponsors more closely in the future. Just because you have money to sponsor doesn't mean you automatically get in. A little homework first will help out in the end hopefully.

:cheers: to you Darin.
Many have spread a lot of **** on hear me included :dizzy: .
IMO the gist of it is if you can't stand the smell don't spread the ****.

For some of you other guys who can't seem to open the beer bottle. I can't belive some of you still think this is about Ed the builder. It's not and never has been. When reading I can tell plain as day its about Ed the person. The personal attacks were unvalidated but so were kf_trees that were actually before theirs. So both sides have had their personal attacks. Where did it get either side. Nowhere. One guy here asks "Ed and Lies" What? Where have you been and if you are going to argue I would know what the arguement is about. I have known a lot of people in my life and if I knew I was right I would want to voice it. Especially, if it I was demeaning me. I think all the people I know would do the same. So what so special about Ed? Is it that he is hiding something? Or is it that he is wanting to look like the better man for it. Problem if its the latter. I personally don't believe either side until both have spoken. I will base the facts on my findings to be true. This isn't freshman year geography where you can teach opinion. The problem is this. Ed is a great guy to help everyone out. Ed is a great guy because he builds a great saw. Ed is a great guy because he won't send your saw back disassembled in a box. Yadayadayada. I want to believe the nice guy too. Who doesn't. Bill Clinton was for the american people. Bill Clinton was a nice guy. Bill Clinton tried to help us out. Bill Clinton told a few white lies. He admitted them and we went on. Here is a prime example of what we are talking about. Ed said something like this. "I've won all the other races but Webster" Wow!!!! This guy is huge!! So by these guys calling him on a quote like that and Ed not answering they are jerks? Agreed that the way that it was gone about was wrong. No doubt. What a better opportunity if it were true to list all the races that you won to get MORE business. It just doesn't make sense not answering that.....AT ALL! It said something to the effect that he hadn't been to Webster. Wouldn't you go to the superbowl of racing if you won all the others? I have posted this arguement before and for some reason we revert to the fact that Ed builds crap. This simply isn't the arguement these guys are trying to convey. Why did we hear his buddies like you PLAYINWOOD answer all questions for him? Because you are his friend and you care about him. Cool, I respect that. I was Dennis Greffard's friend and I stuck up for him. That got me along way. I stuck up for DD and that got me a golden sombrero. I have been used before so I can tell when others are being used. Start thinking with your head and not your heart on this one. They are small white lies. Really no big deal as it doesn't change Ed the saw builder, just Ed the man. Just admit when you are hyping yourself. That's all. Yes, to end, that is all this little fued is about. HYPE. Just as big of hype as it is that you can sue somebody for something other people say. BTW-Rick I am sueing you for something you said about Ed. Remember, you guys are the writers and the words are copywrited through you. You know I have tried to please all parties here for a long time. Its impossible. I really could careless what you guys think about me. Do you know that even though that Gypo and Dennis are sometimes rude that they also create some of the best ratings that AS has ever had? Some hate that drama. I do to a point to but some of it is a riot. Would you come here if it was a years worth of questions about oil and chain sharpening? Yeah for a month and then it gets boring. Was this good for AS to loose Ed as a sponsor. No, but Ed lost AS too. Some little po dunk site is not going to get 'r done. This is an interesting but touchy subject to talk about, but it does get people reading. Look at this thread. Its like 6 pages long. Why? Because it interests you or you wouldn't be here or you wouldn't be reading it. For the guys that are on the fence about the drama, I am sorry. For the most part especially in the Arborist area, its really not like this. I feel there is a lot of learning to be had on this site. There is also an entertainment side you have to look at. If this isn't what you are looking for there are other sites that may fit your personality better. I will also be looking at sponsors more closely in the future. Just because you have money to sponsor doesn't mean you automatically get in. A little homework first will help out in the end hopefully.

Some of you guys should take it from Woodsjunkie and I, we moved on and realized there's no use crying over spilt milk.:cheers:

I think you should keep the Gypo Logger Banned also he just phoned and called me a BS'R.:cheers:

Hey John hows does it feel to want back in???

Darin said:
The personal attacks were unvalidated but so were kf_trees that were actually before theirs.

Darin
please explain this to me?????????? i'm a little perplexed by your statement. either allow me to rebutt or please don't use my name when i can't defend myself.

thank you

Wow. I'm saddened by your post Darin, even though I wasn't able to read more than a third of it. The fact that you continue to defend Gypo and Dennis like they are some sort of valuable asset to this forum (instead of lying jerks and troublemakers), and in the next sentence you say that their attacks are justified because somebody else said something as well? I'm stunned.

And your prediction of Ed's forum could be applied to your own Hotsaw forum as well. Except Ed's forum hasn't opened up yet and you're showing your true character by bashing on Ed based on your assumptions. No wonder you like Dennis and Gypo, you're just like them.

And if this post gets me banned, just mail my refund check for the remaining 5 months of forum sponsorship. You've lost the respect of many people Darin. I guess your true colors are showing.

OK, I've read your entire post and I still disagree with you. Is it true that anyone expressing disagreement with Darin on sensitive subjects gets banned? I guess I'll find out. I've been told by two people already that this post will get me banned.

Last edited:
Skwerl you start crap all the time too. I am not backing the actions of Dennis or Gypo. I said they did go about it the wrong way, but I in no way feel it is a bad thing to question people on what they say. That is what this site is all about. Agreements and disagreements.

I will ask you guys this with all the things that Ed has said, and without him actually saying anything to defend himself. What makes you believe him so much? Because he is a good saw builder and a legit business owner? Did he share with you and show you his extra house with all his trophys in it? Did he invite you over to eat and cook ribs? Did you guys watch movies of guys paying off stop watch judges? I am curious. It sure would shut everyone up if we new the truth (from either side). I personally don't know the truth. As a reader I see one guy telling his side and the other guys telling theirs. I didn't ever see a response to anything. It makes me wonder.

Come to think of it. If Ed wrote that its true. It must be. He is Arboristsite Jesus. In Dolmar 3:16, it says, "thou shall not question Ed's posts." I got to get "The Book" out more often. In Husqvarna 4:22 it says he sees dead people.

Guys give me a break. We have to answer peoples questions for a living. What makes this guy exempt?

kftree, I am not wasting my time with you. I am cooking ribs.

Skwerl, it isn't an assumption of Ed's forum. It's a basic fact of forum ownership. You don't spend bucks on a lot of advertisement. It will die quick. I mean for instance MB at the TH knows a ton of guys and they know him and it isn't dead overthere. He used AS's advertisement to start it and grow it. He also has a gift of gab. Sorry, Ed doesn't. You know Skwerl. When I say stuff it isn't all about who I like and dislike. It's what I know. You don't know this type of business and what I did to start it. It seems easy, but there are tricks and if you don't know them. Too bad. I am not saying it will not get read. He will bring some followers. That is great who cares. If you are one to believe that you just put a sign out that says your open and everyone is going to flock there. You are wAaaay off. It didn't happen to me on AS and it isn't happening on hotsaws.com. Hotsaws is having a much easier time than AS did because it can advertise on here, but Ed's won't. He probably has a hundred email addresses. Of those, 25 will post at best. For example, when he left, everyone knew he was on GF. That didn't blow anyone's doors off did it? I am sure he will put a nice little informational site together. Fine. I hate to be the jerk that breaks the news to you what its more than likely going to do. Get off it, bro. My comment wasn't about Ed personally. I happen to own a forum and you seem to be the expert on them. :dizzy:

Finally Skwerl, if you bring up lawsuit, it gets you banned. You are then a liability to the site. We don't need you at that point. You said you thoughts, but they really didn't answer anything for anyone. Just a bunch of whining. See both sides are whining and nothing gets resolved. I want to see some crap that he has won. Most of what was said that was doctored pm's was right off of the forum itself. They weren't even pm's.

I would say longevity, and praticallity of running it for work purposes, verses winning races.

The $ Sign Trumphs the Cross!

Darin, from your posts, it seems there is not much question about your value system;the $ sign trumphs the cross every time. Interesting too how the bible comes to hand for your convenience.
It Seems it is also OK to sanction harassment if it is good for post count. If the person does not respond to it, well then it must be a sure sign of guilt and adequate reason to let the harassment expand and continue. (rather weak and convenient logic). If a person irritates YOU, it is OK to make disparaging and insinuating remarks about them. That is clear from your words even if you subsequently attempt to pass it off as a simple business evalution.
The direction of an institution comes from the Captain, not the helmsmen; Its value system, and how it deals with individuals rights, reflects this. THE BIG KAHUNA HAS SPOKEN!

Wow, did this thread ever get de-railed. I thought it was going to be relatively technical and informative for junior members and inquisitive rookies. As usual it has turned into an acrimonious pissing contest. LMAO.

Frank, one thing you are failing to realize is that AS is not a democracy, nor should it be run in a democratic way. In other words, if it came down to a vote I would suspect you would have been gone a long time ago.:clap:
Case in point: my recent banning for responding to sarcastic baiting was an example to all others who would step out of line.
My repeated pleadings to Mr. and Mrs. Arboristsite to reinstate me were met with responses from them such as, "Beat it Sniveler", only after they had refered to McCullock 17:7.
It was only after a landslide outpouring of requests from the members here to have me reinstated did they decide to give me another chance. It's all just a judgement call.
Frank, this is your big chance.
If it were you, how whould you run AS? I suspect you would nix those that were not the impressionable type that you would like to minister to.
Frank, AS is a business like any other, however, there has been a bit of politics lately, so if you're wanting to run for office then you have to have somthing tangable to offer.
Anyway woodticks, I'm off to church, I have to recite Poulan 24:7:cry:
John

Seeing as how people want to bring the Bible into this mess, this is for everyone that wants to keep this subject going, from the top on down. Proverbs 17:28; Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Things have happened, they are in the past, move on to the future. Art Clements

Gypo Logger said:
Frank, if it came down to a vote I would suspect you would have been gone a long time ago.:clap:

AMEN! John....But first....Tarred & Feathered....Hahahahahaha!

I dont want to piss anyone off but i love this site, it has been very helpful to me and alot of my friends. So I think you guys should just be cool with each other and use your brains to help people like me with little brains about saws. I like this site and the people on it so "cant we all just get along"

Jack.

Back