would you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recommend a saw with a plastic crankcase (or, to be technically accurate, plastic "engine cradle") and poor power to weight ratio? If so, would you point out the plastic crankcase and poor power to weight? Would throwing an oily haired used saw salesman who likes to role play Elvis in the mix change your opinion? :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

If it meant preventing laying off 850 employees and losing 15% in sales yes.
If it meant no service after the sale then no. If it meant having the best warranty in the biz yes. If it meant pointing out these features among different brand plastic cradle saws oh yes. If it meant selling such a saw to a lawyer knowing he probably doesn't know the difference between a handsaw and a chainsaw oh yesssssssssssssssssss,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

If it meant preventing laying off 850 employees and losing 15% in sales yes.
If it meant no service after the sale then no. If it meant having the best warranty in the biz yes. If it meant pointing out these features among different brand plastic cradle saws oh yes. If it meant selling such a saw to a lawyer knowing he probably doesn't know the difference between a handsaw and a chainsaw oh yesssssssssssssssssss,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What kind of gas mileage would such a saw get Tom? :)

"Well just this afternoon, I was a sittin there jawin with Hoss, that ole sucker he boughts himself another monster he had to show off to me. Well anyways, this young couple comes in, and she is just clinching this Consumer report magazine like her life depends on having that sucker in her hand.
Wel theys start a lookin around, I just hung there with Hoss and let em go on with it.
She starts getting all jittery and such, so I turn up the Elvis a little, ge me fresh dash of do glue an push my hair back so it's just so, an make my way over there.
No sooner than I open my mouth an she spouts off "Consumer reports says Huskvarna is the beter buy but he wont listen to me!"
So I says "Well Ma'm, aint nothing wrong with them Husky saws, I gots a few myself. Been reading all about thesilly things so I had to see what they were about. I gots a couple here in the back if you'd like a look?"
Well I just floored her right there, so we's go to the back and I show her the flimsy choke lever, and I shows her the flimsy kill switch, then I shows her how Stihl did it! I shows her how you can open up the air filter on a Stihl without a tool one, and you can't on the Husky. I showed her the inboard clutch on the Stihl and how much cleaner it stayed.
Then I really turned on the charm, I give her a big smile and wink, and I says "Tell you what, I'll show you folks something even better!" Yup, I took them in the back an showed how much we have for in stock parts, hedr jaw just dropped!!!
I says "Well, I'm gonna go back and talk to Hoss some more while you fine folks think about this a while."
Yup, you guesed it, two minuetes latter they were asking for a new MS290!
Whats you gots to say about that Spacey boy?"

"Well just this afternoon, I was a sittin there jawin with Hoss, that ole sucker he boughts himself another monster he had to show off to me. Well anyways, this young couple comes in, and she is just clinching this Consumer report magazine like her life depends on having that sucker in her hand.
Wel theys start a lookin around, I just hung there with Hoss and let em go on with it.
She starts getting all jittery and such, so I turn up the Elvis a little, ge me fresh dash of do glue an push my hair back so it's just so, an make my way over there.
No sooner than I open my mouth an she spouts off "Consumer reports says Huskvarna is the beter buy but he wont listen to me!"
So I says "Well Ma'm, aint nothing wrong with them Husky saws, I gots a few myself. Been reading all about thesilly things so I had to see what they were about. I gots a couple here in the back if you'd like a look?"
Well I just floored her right there, so we's go to the back and I show her the flimsy choke lever, and I shows her the flimsy kill switch, then I shows her how Stihl did it! I shows her how you can open up the air filter on a Stihl without a tool one, and you can't on the Husky. I showed her the inboard clutch on the Stihl and how much cleaner it stayed.
Then I really turned on the charm, I give her a big smile and wink, and I says "Tell you what, I'll show you folks something even better!" Yup, I took them in the back an showed how much we have for in stock parts, hedr jaw just dropped!!!
I says "Well, I'm gonna go back and talk to Hoss some more while you fine folks think about this a while."
That's about the best impersonation I've seen here. :cheers:

:ices_rofl:

Red now I know where you been hiding. Come in the shop man, pull up a chair,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Got to get my sales pitch ready for something Tom!

I've learned from the best:)

Looks like ya gotter down pat. Now member, when you sendem out the door smiling be sure to say what, yup thats right, thankya, thankya very much,LOL

DAYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUM!!!

What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!

Latest posts

Back