X-mas gifts: Show & Tell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my best gift of the year. My 13 year old girl drew this for me and had it framed:
(Wierd looking spot in middle is reflection from lamp.)

2009-12-25001.jpg

2009-12-25002.jpg

Nice. Looks like she even drew some chaps on, always wear your ppe, even in sketches.

Laura ( the great woman she is ) managed to find my boot's. This model is discontinued and has been the only one's I've worn for several years. Nothing else I tried seemed to hold up. I looked for them online and at the local stores to no avail, but she's a bit better at finding things than I am. My size and all. Good girl.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Plas bought me a Garmin Nuvi 765/765T 4.3 inch Bluetooth portable GPS Navigator with traffic. I take it he does indeed enjoy being hollered at;)
As soon as I figure out exactly what that is and what is does I will let you know:laugh:
I guess I don't need the ADC maps anymore:rock:

No pics of my present yet, hafta post some when I get back from CUBA :rockn: 7 day of open bars and sunshine... maybe I'll climb a palm while I'm there or something haha.

I got Shigo's, "Modern Arborculture" as per requested. Christmas day was great at my brother's but the ride home was even better. Started out as a slushy ride soon turning to ice, the thruway was 3"s of snow but the half hour ride from the thruway was awesomely deep snow 4 wheeling bliss with not another car on the road. White Christmas couldn't ask for better. :clap:

Here's my best gift of the year. My 13 year old girl drew this for me and had it framed:
(Wierd looking spot in middle is reflection from lamp.)

2009-12-25002.jpg

Dude,

While your daughter, at 13, shows promise as an artist; you, on the otherhand, are a poor excuse for an arborist. Just look at that notch. It's way too shallow and you went too deep on your topcut. You're cutting into your hinge wood and, with no taper on that tree, you're going to have no control whatsoever. Maybe you should rethink this tree thing and have your daughter give you some art lessons. Whatever you do, stay away from big trees and chainsaws. Keep it safe...

... ;) It's a nice picture.

Latest posts

Back