X27 fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAWFORD79

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My wife is great, she bought me a new FISKARS X27 splitter and did not even ask. She must have found my list of items to buy for firewood. Super just in time since last weekend I had a brain fart and backed over my hydraulic splitter. Damaged some engine pieces and brackets.

I recently bought an X27 and what a difference! My trusty X25 is great for those with short stature..... but since I'm 6'1", the X27 just fits like a glove!!! They both are awesome tools--try to buy the one that fits you and you'll only have to buy one. :msp_biggrin:

Sawford79, sorry to hear about your splitter.

From the lifetime warranty, the X27 is supposed to be indestructable even if you run your truck over it. If you do break it, Fiskars will replace it.:clap:

The replaced the cutting anvil on a gear driven lopper that I just wore out free of charge.:):msp_biggrin::msp_w00t:

Sawford79, sorry to hear about your splitter.

From the lifetime warranty, the X27 is supposed to be indestructable even if you run your truck over it. If you do break it, Fiskars will replace it.:clap:

The replaced the cutting anvil on a gear driven lopper that I just wore out free of charge.:):msp_biggrin::msp_w00t:

AAAkk! You just cost me more money! HAHAHAHA! I have a corona now, no such warrantee.

what model is that lopper, I want to look it up. TIA.

AAAkk! You just cost me more money! HAHAHAHA! I have a corona now, no such warrantee.

what model is that lopper, I want to look it up. TIA.

Hey Zogger!!

When I first saw the bypass gear lopper, it thought it looked "gimmicky". However the compound leverage is impressive. Here is a link to everything they make, along with pics.
Loppers / Products | Fiskars

Since I have 55 apple trees, I use loppers a lot. The short handled 18" are extremely handy when cutting in a tree. The big handles are hard to orient when you are in the crown of a tree.

BTW, Corona is very good. But if you want a Caddillac hand pruner, look at the Felco #2.:clap: Everything is replaceable.Felco Pruners Will Change Your Life

One tip about loppers though: NEVER cut dead branch wood. It will ruin the cutting edge. Use a saw. I believe that is what did in my original cutting blade on the Fiskars that led to it's replacement.:rolleyes2:

Hey Zogger!!

When I first saw the bypass gear lopper, it thought it looked "gimmicky". However the compound leverage is impressive. Here is a link to everything they make, along with pics.
Loppers / Products | Fiskars

Since I have 55 apple trees, I use loppers a lot. The short handled 18" are extremely handy when cutting in a tree. The big handles are hard to orient when you are in the crown of a tree.

BTW, Corona is very good. But if you want a Caddillac hand pruner, look at the Felco #2.:clap: Everything is replaceable.Felco Pruners Will Change Your Life

One tip about loppers though: NEVER cut dead branch wood. It will ruin the cutting edge. Use a saw. I believe that is what did in my original cutting blade on the Fiskars that led to it's replacement.:rolleyes2:

I did not know that dried branches over green, good tip, thanks! Ill have to look at these choices now.

I did not know that dried branches over green, good tip, thanks! Ill have to look at these choices now.

It's funny with a lopper, they like green wood and cut on an angle rather than perpendicular to the grain. When you cut large branches with a lopper, it makes a huge difference in cutting ease to cut on a slight angle. Saws, whether it be hand or power don't care if wood is dry or green.

Latest posts

Back