Yeah sure, I'll get right on it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cord....face cord.

seems many of us mis-use those terms too.

but, if i wanted 18" logs, you still going to give me a "cord" that is now 54" x 48" x 8 feet? :)
Sure! I do anyways. Firewood is like rocks around here. There ain't no shortage of either. Now, flat ground and fertile soil is another story.:msp_biggrin:

cord....face cord.

seems many of us mis-use those terms too.

but, if i wanted 18" logs, you still going to give me a "cord" that is now 54" x 48" x 8 feet? :)

yer right, face cord is too arbitrary. I told my father-in-law that I had 3 cords of wood for the winter, he didn't seem impressed. Then he saw it and said something about that being more wood than he thought. I finally figured it out, and his reply to my comment on face cord was "we all just call that a cord where I'm from" I think that I'm gonna call his Diesel 3500 CC truck a car and see how he likes it. (trust me, he won't)

had a guy offer me 100 a cord for red oak, all cut and split - he wanted 25 cord at that price.(175.00 per cord is normal) I literally laughed out loud at him, and told him I don't need no Practice! I already know how to cut wood, got all my practice cutting done when I was a kid.
He didn't see the humor in it like I did. And, he left with an empty truck.
Ted

Sure! I do anyways. Firewood is like rocks around here. There ain't no shortage of either. Now, flat ground and fertile soil is another story.:msp_biggrin:

Wow! I have been selling Willow at $120 a full cord for over 10 years (this year is the last time). I figure I only make beer money at that price. Decent wood (Tamarack and Red Fir) goes $200 and up in this area.

Harry K

This afternoon as I was workin on a tractor, and this fella stopped in. He asked if I'm sellin wood? Sure am, I replied. I said I get 60 for 1/2 cord to deliver locally, and 50 if you pick it up.
So, then he goes into this big story about his bad back, things are really tight with the money, blah, blah, blah. He said here's the deal (he came to me?:msp_confused:) the guy I buy wood from brings me 8 full cords @ 90 dollars a cord. He said, now if you can match or beat that, I'll buy my wood from you.

I'm still try'n to figure out. WHY IN THE HECK I'D WANNA DO THAT.:dizzy:

That's 120/cord. Half what's the going price here.

I'd be tempted to pay you and give up firewooding and take up some other income generating hobby like beekeeping or glassblowing. (either-or will be retirement hobbies)

Around these parts

I can get about two cords for $200 delivered and dumped. Mind you this is "OWB" wood- knots, knots, and more knots. And some decent stuff.. all too big for the "average wood burner" or someone with a wood stove.

The wood is seasoned red oak and gum (sweet and black). Rarely do I have to split anything, just load it. Works out for both parties- they don't mess with the nasty stuff and the wood fills out what I get myself.

If I didn't enjoy the wood getting process, I'd have them deliver all my wood for the season- would save me more than half if I used propane or electric.

i work too hard to sell my wood, personal use only.

right now i have two rows, split and stacked four feet high and 120 feet long....and growing every day!

my goal is to add at least a face cord every week from now until......

my neighbors think i'm retarded....lol

but, around here a face cord is 70 to 90 bucks. i think the more expensive stuff has gold fillings in it...or, so they think.

Holy crap! $50 for a half a real cord of wood delivered...thats unreal. I had to check the thread date and see if someone bumped a thread from 1998 or something.

Around here a cord delivered is averaging $200. If you'll take sopping wet green wood you might get it as low as $150/cord.

Amazing how prices of a commodity can be different in different areas.

Latest posts

Back