Yes Virginia, there is a beavergirl!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I give!
She is keeping up the game too long, she must be real.

She has been sending me private messages , wanting my e-mail
address, which is too obtainable on the web, which is
[email protected].
So she must be real. I believe in you Beave!
I am sorry I doubted you.

Fish, you're such a hosehead! Who cares who Beavergirl is, or what she does, or whether she's a guy or a gal. If we like Beavergirl and enjoy the way she presents herself here, then who cares? Didn't John teach you anything while he was there?

Subject matter excepted of course, LOL, that is a beautiful picture. I realize the limitations of viewing pics on a monitor but you can tell it was taken with a high quality lens and camera. To each their own but I would print and frame a picture of that quality, always nice to have good pics of family and friends.

Russ

Russ,
For these pictures, lighting is really what sets them apart. The camera was my usual Nikon D1 (at only 2.7 megapixels!) with a 28-70 mm f/2.8 EDIF AFS Nikkor lens set at 1/60 sec. and f/8. Lighting was handled by two 500 WS Hensel Integra monolights firing into two 30" white umbrellas. The stands were set to put the lights at about 6 feet and they were placed about 45 degrees on each side of the subject, about 8 feet back. It was about 7PM and slightly overcast when they were taken. The lights were set to about 3 stops down from maximum and metered with a Sekonic L508 digital light meter. What lighting like this does is really diffuse the light to eliminate hotspots, on-axis reflections and shadows. Susie took the above picture, handheld. Not bad for her first shot with the camera.

For the John-only picture where he has the branch between his teeth, I stopped the camera down and changed the ambient to flash ratio so I could blend his black shirt into the background. If I were to choose one picture that depicted John's personality, that might be it.

Thanks for the tutorial Doug. Of course the lighting is crucial but the first rate equipment and your ability to use it makes the difference. Beautiful photos indeed!

Russ

Back