You Know you are a Hack when...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to me a hack is the strung out drug user,a person raving about finding a "granny" to scam

they dont rope very much if at all

they will take any chance they THINK they can get away with

they drink ONSITE(alcohol)

they forget MOST of the equipment at home ,leave equipment on jobs and never go back to get it

if they happen to forget spikes on a removal they dont even dare to let the thought of getting the tree done rope climbing cross there mind

Drove past a bunch of guys - ladder on top of the chip truck box which was leaned against a spruce tree. The guy on the ladder was re-shaping the spruce with a chainsaw- one handed of course.
I SO wish I had a video cam.

Last edited:
to me a hack is the strung out drug user,a person raving about finding a "granny" to scam

they dont rope very much if at all

they will take any chance they THINK they can get away with

they drink ONSITE(alcohol)

they forget MOST of the equipment at home ,leave equipment on jobs and never go back to get it

if they happen to forget spikes on a removal they dont even dare to let the thought of getting the tree done rope climbing cross there mind[/QUOTE

You described my boss to a T, it took me a week and reading this thread to finally figure it out(sorry kind of new to the business), so anyone know of some good people looking for good help.

Jon

You described my boss to a T, it took me a week and reading this thread to finally figure it out(sorry kind of new to the business), so anyone know of some good people looking for good help.

Jon

look in your local yellow pages or google search your area for a co with a web site and look at it and make a desision as to weather or not they look legit

while looking fairly unprofessional, or "casual" it looks like they did a decent job.... But shorts and sneakers?No eye protectiom? it looked so hot and sunny you'd need shades so you dont lose your eyesight!

It was the beer lol:)

Lol.

Aww man rope, you haven't lived until you've sipped beers with the customer at the end of a job.. while the guys are finishing cleanup.

Just this morning I was looking at this dead, chubby cottonwood for an old lady that was in one of them lark things. She was telling me how she would have cold drinks for us while we were working, and cold beers at the end. I can already see myself sitting on the porch with that nice old lady and her husband.. while the boys wrap things up! :hmm3grin2orange:

Lol.

Aww man rope, you haven't lived until you've sipped beers with the customer at the end of a job.. while the guys are finishing cleanup.

Just this morning I was looking at this dead, chubby cottonwood for an old lady that was in one of them lark things. She was telling me how she would have cold drinks for us while we were working, and cold beers at the end. I can already see myself sitting on the porch with that nice old lady and her husband.. while the boys wrap things up! :hmm3grin2orange:

I have gave up the stuff but thoroughly enjoyed myself some in the day bro:)

A long time ago, we did a storm removal, tree was laid out over a brand new deck and hot tub, we got it out with no probs, the whole time, every time we would make a crucial cut, the HO would run around the yard, hi fiveing the crew, fist pumping the whole nine that you would expect at a final four game! When we where done, he brings out a case of Miller Lite, I tell thanks, but we cant pop a top till I get all the equipment back to the shop. We get back, unload and secure. Guys are ready for the beer, we go out to the bone fire pit, open the case.............ITS FULL OF MILWAUKEE'S BEST!!!
Dude had put them in there and taped it shut! I'm not a drinker, on the very rare occasion, I will have a couple beers or a glass of wine, my guys on the other hand! They didnt care, really, that beast was drank with passion!

A long time ago, we did a storm removal, tree was laid out over a brand new deck and hot tub, we got it out with no probs, the whole time, every time we would make a crucial cut, the HO would run around the yard, hi fiveing the crew, fist pumping the whole nine that you would expect at a final four game! When we where done, he brings out a case of Miller Lite, I tell thanks, but we cant pop a top till I get all the equipment back to the shop. We get back, unload and secure. Guys are ready for the beer, we go out to the bone fire pit, open the case.............ITS FULL OF MILWAUKEE'S BEST!!!
Dude had put them in there and taped it shut! I'm not a drinker, on the very rare occasion, I will have a couple beers or a glass of wine, my guys on the other hand! They didnt care, really, that beast was drank with passion!

Slow start next day lol?

We were clearing a lot a couple years back and it was in between 2 existing houses. Lots of trees leaning towards the houses on each side so we got there early and started setting pull lines up in the trees. Of course the audience comes after the skid steer, saws and chipper fire up! The neighbour next door had been watching us drop trees for some time from his yard. We shut down for lunch and when we came back we could hear some one buzzing a tree! Sounded like mom carving a turkey with the electic knife! We walk to the back of the lot and notice the neighbour who had been watching us all morning, chewing away at this little norway maple in his back yard. He had the neighbour from across the road come over with his electric saw, they had it plugged into the house, the cord running up through the tree and back down to the saw and one guy was sawing and the other was yanking on the power cord trying to pull this little 6 inch tree over!! No problem! I know how its done now after watching these guys all morning! Nothing to it!!! Then we left a poplar tree on the lot that was kinda leaning toward his house. It wasnt marked so we didnt cut it. The neighbour comes over just as we are starting to pack up the gear ( I knew what was coming!!) and says can you guys chip us this brush for me from the tree I cut down and would you guys be able to take that poplar down thats leaning toward my house? Sure we can! $150 I tell him! he agrees to it, I dropped it and the skid steer took it to the chipper and it was all over in under 5 min! Thanks buddy!

Pulled into a job on friday to remove 4 oaks. Noticed the neighbours oak is looking like a hat rack! Fresh cuts all really bad, bark tore down the limbs! I say to my client, whats up with that? He says nice isnt it! $75 for that he says! He tells me some clown in an old ladder truck with a bucket on the end was going through the neighbourhood hacking up trees for $75 each! Beer money!

You know you are a hack when your stump is in the shape of a "V" after you drop the log or tree! I always see quite a few stumps with the back cut on a 45 too! Classic!

Another one!
Buddy of mine asked us to help at his dads best friends house, Tyron Jackson was the name, not being racial, but fully expected the guy to be black, guy was a middle aged white nerd, he had a tree fall in his driveway, we show, he is out there, in a richard simmons work out get up, sweat bands and all! We agree on a price, as we are talking, he is sweating like crazy, I ask him if he was working out, he said no been trying to cut this thing up all day, huh?, little tree, 20 minutes at the most, asked to see his saw. Chain was on backwards!!!! Dude had been out there cutting on it all mourning, had 3 little logs cut up!! He about died when I fired the 200 and went on a rampage!
Still cant get over his name!
My best freind just married a girl named Dewanda Martinez, shes a white farm girl!

Back