"You Suck" Thread 2022"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$10 at an estate sale, not quite as nice as Paul Silvestri’s, but a diamond in the rough nonetheless. Also came with the original tool kit.

Attachments

• EF375F34-7D40-422D-844C-333BB93CDA84.jpeg
    EF375F34-7D40-422D-844C-333BB93CDA84.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • E5CAF08C-264F-4ED7-9296-A8A27C5B78CD.jpeg
    E5CAF08C-264F-4ED7-9296-A8A27C5B78CD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • CF73209A-4AF1-4631-941A-11DD41B3973D.jpeg
    CF73209A-4AF1-4631-941A-11DD41B3973D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
This is a potential “you suck” moment that I need talked into (or out of).
Someone in my area is selling a good condition husky 365 special for $200. I absolutely do not NEED another saw whatsoever but I hear so many good things about these and it’s so hard to pass up. What do y’all think?

Someone in my area is selling a good condition husky 365 special for $200. I absolutely do not NEED another saw whatsoever but I hear so many good things about these and it’s so hard to pass up. What do y’all think?
OF course you should buy it...but who around here is gonna suggest NOT buying another saw? Spending other people's money is easy :cool:

Personally, if it was a 2165, I'd be all over it. Orange? I'll leave it for the next guy.

Good saw. I would buy it at that price, even though I don't need another saw.

Picked up 9 saws for $100
Had a Homie 1020XP, Echo 300EVL, and an Eager Beaver 3.4 in the lot. Also a Homie XL, Poulan 1800, 2 newer plastic Homies, Poulan 42cc and a Poulan Pro 5020.View attachment 1001313View attachment 1001314View attachment 1001315View attachment 1001316View attachment 1001317View attachment 1001318
That 1020 looks a bit like a C7/C9, but I'm not an expert on them. I only recall them coming with a clutch cover and a separate flimsy-ish muffler cover, but I could be mistaken.

If it's premix how could any sensor detect the presence or lack of 2 stroke oil in the gas?! This is up to the user/owner job. Not mentioning the oil to fuel ratio for a good lubrication... One incompetent user could screw that up too...
Wild theory...could a temp sensor pick it up? Straight gas means no lubrication which, I guess, means VERY hot cylinder, very fast.

Could a tiny temp probe detect that it’s too hot?

Wild theory...could a temp sensor pick it up? Straight gas means no lubrication which, I guess, means VERY hot cylinder, very fast.

Could a tiny temp probe detect that it’s too hot?
It could measure the ohmic conduction (high when cold ,low ohms when hot) but if straight gassed it would be too late. And how would you "alert" the operator? Beeping is useless( I wear ear protection anyway). Vibration in the bar ,pointless,whole thing vibrates... It's not like a car with a dashboard. Only way would be too connect the sensor in line with the ignition system. Too HOT=no ignition, or stops while running if overheating! Tricky if the guy cuts wood in air temperature of 38 degrees Celcius,like I did not long ago...
That's why I was thinking of a better less restrictive exhaust. But that's another topic. So far I use the 6100 as is.Those engineers that designed it can't be that stupid... Or me ,some genius 😁 synthetic 2 stroke Motul and fresh gas. If it seizes ,to hell with it. There's plenty new chainsaws everywhere! 🙄😁

connect the sensor in line with the ignition system. Too HOT=no ignition, or stops while running if overheating!
That was my thinking...but as I think on it more, I think it all happens too fast. The piston and cylinder would heat up, but likely by the time a sensor could work out that the temperature was significantly hotter than normal, I suspect the damage is done. It is literally a combustion chamber after all, it is supposed to be hot.

Nice score Sir!, my favorite model of stihl!
I think I need to start hitting you up for parts with those shelves.
I have two of these 441 and I absolutely love them!! I know many are completely the opposite but I think those purest just really like the o series saws. I do as well however I don't see what the fuss was about with the 441. Seems to be very easy to work on, and yes I've had it taken down and split the case off and put them back together and I didn't find it that hard at all.

Back