Young, Dumb & want the Bling!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not quite my meaning but closer I mean high end trimming
on a real nice pecan! Sure you may learn more about rigging
on a huge take down but if it is fine pruning you will learn more
about arbor care and see more climbing skill! Maybe you could
sell both a rigging job and a pruning job now get busy and sell
some work friend:laugh:

Most of the trim jobs I've had were raises and getting rid of the smaller dead or dying limbs, and fine pruning here and there. In our area, the main concern is getting rid of dead or dying limbs, hangers and somtimes, but not often, the whole tree because of the insane winds. regardless if it's a sod job, paver stone patio, tree trim, fence or ect. I try to do the best job possible. Haven't trimmed a pecan yet. Would like to though some day. So far Iv'e trimmed every other kind of tree here. Now that I think about it, I have seen only 1 pecan tree in the 16 yrs I've lived here.

Most of the trim jobs I've had were raises and getting rid of the smaller dead or dying limbs, and fine pruning here and there. In our area, the main concern is getting rid of dead or dying limbs, hangers and somtimes, but not often, the whole tree because of the insane winds. regardless if it's a sod job, paver stone patio, tree trim, fence or ect. I try to do the best job possible. Haven't trimmed a pecan yet. Would like to though some day. So far Iv'e trimmed every other kind of tree here. Now that I think about it, I have seen only 1 pecan tree in the 16 yrs I've lived here.

I seen one in sweet water that was grafted into four
different pecan's so they are there! No topiary's?
crown reductions, structure pruning, thins come
on people that care about there trees need them
trimmed right? Sell them pard those oil barrens gots the
dough:monkey:

I seen one in sweet water that was grafted into four
different pecan's so they are there! No topiary's?
crown reductions, structure pruning, thins come
on people that care about there trees need them
trimmed right? Sell them pard those oil barrens gots the
dough:monkey:

I don't know if it the climate or personal preference but that's the only .... hold that thought fire dept pager goin off see ya later rope.

i would have paid to see the look.............

Well the season for me is coming to a close, down to 1 weeks worth of work, must say I had a pretty good year business wise & am very thankful!

however one of my young guns informed me that; "I think im ready to go out on my own" Dude he says...you make a killing & I want some of that Bling!!

LOL!!!!!!! Now I hear em & let em finish, I dont laugh at him (yet)! so I say back to em, you have been a groundie for 2yrs....dam straight dude, & you still dont know how to mix gas/oil, never been more than 20 ft off the ground.

his response; Duuddee! its not that hard man! Ill buy that bucket thingy, anyone can do trees from that! like a bucket is a magical machine which just by running it gives you all the knowledge you can ever need!!

anyway, I tell em today you get to run the bucket thingy, Ill give you more "bling" how much more would you like?? he sees the tree, he walks around it mocking my bidding actions, etc.. he comes over to me & says; Ill bring that B%^ch down for $350.00....so I ask him how long will it take you? here it comes........Dude, Ill be done in no time, just watch!! now guys I bid this tree at $800.00 I figure 1 day (easy going, that time of year, ya know), so I tell him ok, but you have till the end of the day!!

now I would have had the tree on the ground in 3hrs, breaks, cleanup, customer bs, etc...= 8hrs, he spent 2hrs on the first limb 20ft up, was exhausted, sweaty & plain out right scared to death! I though he would of learned his lesson.....so I do the tree, faster than normal to make up for his slowness, when all is said & done he still wanted $350.00 & told me!! Dude now I see how its done, so next time no problem!

Now im laughing at em, $350 for 1 limb...I got 2 words for ya!! he`s a good kid & will be good in time, but his mouth!! anyone else face this or similar before?

LXT..............

on your face when he still wanted $350.the look on his face would have been even better when you handed him $3.50.

I don't know if it the climate or personal preference but that's the only .... hold that thought fire dept pager goin off see ya later rope.

Okay... as I was saying, I don't know if its climate or personal preference but that's the only one I've seen.
Back to the 'bling' thing. I had a kid that was a freshman in high school help me this past summer and wanted more "bling". He thought I wasn't paying him enough for the work he was doing. I ended the conversation by saying, "you've worked for me for 3 weeks. Until you learn more about the actual work and learn to operate more of the machines this is the pay you get." I fired him 2 weeks later because he thought he could run the 5103. even though he had never even sat in the driver seat. What did he do you ask? He had no idea how to use the wheel brakes and took out a section of the HO's fence when the tractor was in the back yard. He came back from lunch early before I did, and thought it would be a good idea to move the tractor to the other side of the yard and get the next large rock (also called a BOULDER) to be used for the retaining wall. He did not turn sharp enough, hence the reason for wheel brakes, and took out a 10 foot section of fence.

some people learn quicker than others. First off, a professional wouldn't say "duuudddee" not to his boss unless they were close and definitely not to a homeowner.

I'm 22 years old and have succesfully removed trees 70 ft. tall 5 feet away from roof tops. I have brought in huge cranes to remove trees down a cliff near a pond. In the busy season I drop on a good day (depending on job) 12 trees.

Right now I'd say I drop 3 trees a day. I'd rather remove then prune but I do also prune. I guess I am smarter then the kid you are speaking of perhaps.

Social Restructuring

I think a related problem is that our social programs are set up to help the lower class not the middle class struggling to suceed. I have been looking at the Job Corps website, but when I talked with someone I was amazed. My estimate that I make 15,000 dollars a year might be too much money and I wouldn't qualify. I know I need more training to be marketable especially with these troubling times, but like many I cannot afford it. Why is 15,000 dollars too much to qualify for help? The government needs to restructure their social programs so that it no longer allows people to manipulate the system and use that money for something actually beneficial like providing career training to the unemployed (I am not unemployed), but feel that with the rising rates this would be a very good use of the funds that we should repo from people like the one listed below.

My girlfriend told me about a coworkers daughter who was having a baby every 2 years so that she could keep getting assistance. This is not intended to shun those that are trying to make good for themselves and their children, but I know that is why she is doing it. She is 20 and has 5 kids by 3 different baby daddies. We need to find these type of exploiters and throw them off our rolls.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
I think a related problem is that our social programs are set up to help the lower class not the middle class struggling to suceed. I have been looking at the Job Corps website, but when I talked with someone I was amazed. My estimate that I make 15,000 dollars a year might be too much money and I wouldn't qualify. I know I need more training to be marketable especially with these troubling times, but like many I cannot afford it. Why is 15,000 dollars too much to qualify for help? The government needs to restructure their social programs so that it no longer allows people to manipulate the system and use that money for something actually beneficial like providing career training to the unemployed (I am not unemployed), but feel that with the rising rates this would be a very good use of the funds that we should repo from people like the one listed below.

My girlfriend told me about a coworkers daughter who was having a baby every 2 years so that she could keep getting assistance. This is not intended to shun those that are trying to make good for themselves and their children, but I know that is why she is doing it. She is 20 and has 5 kids by 3 different baby daddies. We need to find these type of exploiters and throw them off our rolls.:chainsaw:

Well from what I know that program is set up for at risk youth to try and change some of our social problems! I am certain it fails on many of them but if it helps any to become productive citizens then it would be worth the effort. I also am certain it would be a very hard job imo to deal with some of them and not:censored: My hat is off to them.

so i gave him a raise and told him he's gonna need ta earn his bling! lmao
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Social problems, assistance, No Pecans in Texas!-Seriously? Massive Pecans in Texas--
Jeff Lovstrom-Confused

No, just here. I have seen them else where in Texas. Just not here. Majority is REALLY OLD elms with dutch elm disease. The rest is oak an evergreen. Ocassionally I see somehthing that is not as "Abundant" in other parts of town. Example; In my neighboor hood cottons woods out number other trees
10 - 4 On the other side of town in a different neighboor hood elms out number other trees 10 -2. It's friggin weird.

No, just here. I have seen them else where in Texas. Just not here. Majority is REALLY OLD elms with dutch elm disease. The rest is oak an evergreen. Ocassionally I see somehthing that is not as "Abundant" in other parts of town. Example; In my neighboor hood cottons woods out number other trees
10 - 4 On the other side of town in a different neighboor hood elms out number other trees 10 -2. It's friggin weird.

It is the desert lol!

That was a precious story IXT. Thanks for sharing. It must have made us all feel better.
I was doing this for a long time before I thought I could. I still am very wary.

just a reply

if you get this far after 9 pages..scenario. work partner calls me on my day off around 11 a.m. hey do you want some oak? holy fukkkkk yeah..duh..do you need your meds. well it is at this address..a contractor cut it and wants someone else to haul it. no problem..I will be there in 20 min. well I call this contractor ... no answer ..voicemail is full. hmmm...that is either GREAT or terrible..regardless.free oak on the ground. so I call and call..finally. he answers. heard about the oak on such and such....yeah..do you have a big saw..I say...I have a couple. how big is it? well what do you have...hmmm...gets me to thinking...I have a 32" well he is going to meet me there...oh shi*...this is getting deep. well he has a crew that has nothing. a beat to hell huskie and a poulan to carry up the tree. uh oh..what did I get into. well I went over for the oak...carried 3 cords out and let my saw cut down one sycamore for "his company" and called it quits. I think I made out. I was every where my saws were. used my gas and bar oil..3 cords for maybe 2 hours of cutting...I just think that if you want something done right. do it your damn self. if you get someone that works...pay them what they are worth. if they are worthless..get rid of them. they are only going to cause you grief. best of luck. I am not insured. but I can beat most of the places around here...and I let them know from day one that I am not insured..most of the work I do is friends of friends. we could work something out "if" it went wrong. I try not to cut out the big guys if they are descent.. I personally know 3 of the big contractors here and farm them work if I can't find time to do it. best of luck in todays world finding good workers that earn what they want!

Latest posts

Back