your favorite saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favorite was my 660, until I got my 361. It is one of the best saws I've ever ran.

100_1378.jpg

My 028 Super the day I brought it home. Scored piston, bad crank seals. And the wrong muffler.

attachment.php

Here it is after a mild woods port, and of course a piston kit and seals. :biggrinbounce2:

attachment.php

I think it would be the new 390. Before that it was the 372xpw.

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

001-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

I don't know about this being a favorite but it's probably the one I've used the most in the last 10 or so years. A friend of mine gave it to me in pieces in a box and told me it couldn't be fixed. I put a new fuel line on it last week..that's about the only thing I've done to it all this time.
attachment.php

Them things are a blast to run. :cheers:

Yep, sure is. I put a new OEM P&C that I did a good woods port on and dropped the squish, modded the muffler and it has become my favorite, even over my 044`s but it might just because I just built it, you know how that is. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Yeah, baybee! But, um, the 038 is about old enough to be called a collectible now, right? :D

They might be old but when modded they can stay right with the modern saws, I usually rave about my 044`s and MS440`s , then theres the 046, 066 and 090`s but they are all my favorites, just depends on what I am cutting.
Pioneerguy600

Back