You're going to see a lot of me this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep your saw inside the house or heated vehicle and it'll run fine. No need to stay indoors. A couple other techniques we used are keep one saw inside the pickup, when you arrive start it up and put the exhaust by the other saw so it'll suck in the warm exhaust, get it started, repeat. Build a fire to keep saws warm or warm them up.

For you, dress in layers so you can peel them off as you warm up.

I guess i'll be stuck on my tablet in my warm truck setting in the driveways at work watching the docks rock in the wind and worry about loosing power.I'm ready though. Gas back up heaters are ready and the faucets are dripping.

3 degrees???? my happy inbred azz would stay on the couch too,,, I don't like cutting until it gets up to 40,, but I am old

Good you can help me with thisimage.jpgTraded for it yesterday. It would rip your arm off trying to start it. Took the flywheel off and found a sheared key. New key in place hard to pull but would pop. Started taking it down and it's hard to turn the flywheel by hand. On in to it I find thisimage.jpgLooks to me that the crank has started to separate and is rubbing the case side. Any ideas on this cold day?

The bearings, if seated correctly keep the crank spaced away from the case.

The bearings, if seated correctly keep the crank spaced away from the case.
I hope it's bad bearings and not the crank. We will see next weekend.i hear it hard to find a crank for a 064.

Wasn't too cold to stop me from cutting a few cookies w/ the 346. New muff mod sounds good, Carlton semi-chisel doesn't hold a candle to the RS I'm used to. I just put a nice fresh edge on it too w/ the timberline. Time to post it for trade...

Wasn't too cold to stop me from cutting a few cookies w/ the 346. New muff mod sounds good, Carlton semi-chisel doesn't hold a candle to the RS I'm used to. I just put a nice fresh edge on it too w/ the timberline. Time to post it for trade...
If I could walk out the door and slice a few cookies that would be doable. Is it loud? Better be....

Not as loud as I thought It'd be, but it isn't quiet. Can't wait to get a good chain on there. Have a NOS 16" bar on the way and bought a new loop of RS today. :yes:

Back