You're going to see a lot of me this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 403468

It is difficult to walk around in this stuff without getting a ton of snow
dumped down your neck. I be staying inside today also. The wind is
gusting to 30+ mph blowing all the snow around and dumping it off
the branches.

Well, having had to work in that, without the wind, a turtleneck or neck gaitor and full brim hardhat will help keep the snow from going down the neck a bit.

now that the wind has picked up I can't see the farm next door. Nothing but white. I have to go there and buy some fresh butter so my wife can finish baking a birthday cake for my daughter in-law. I am going to decide weather it is easier to just walk over there bundled up like an Eskimo or should I try to blow the drifts out of the driveway and drive over........probably easier and faster to just walk if I don't freeze to death...wind is howling but it is all the way up to 10 degrees...:cold:
baby,,,,,, booooooooooohooooooooooo,,, when I was growing up I walked in weather like that everyday to school 5 miles each way up hill:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The high temp for tomorrow is forecast to be three degrees :cold:........ Too cold for cutting. So, I will live here and watch you guys :happy:

what's a matter, Bleed air switch turned off....tell the co-pilot to preflight while the attendant heats up the coffee and get that spam can in the sky...
sheesh you left seat computer jockeys are all the same....."wheels up in 20min get the fuel logged and the runway instructions your're cleared for 1430 departure"

I'm gettin real low on cut,split, stacked stuff, got a few cords in log length, but everything is covered in ice/snow...Grrrrrrrrrr....
Might end up buying some allready done up..

Its about 2.5ft here and right now the is blowing 35mph, windchill is -15° and its heading for about -30°

About 5 degrees F and 20-30mph winds, but brother and I found a nice spot with little wind and cut several small loads of Oak. Cold doesn't bother me much if I can get out of the wind. Echo 600p, Husq 555 and Stihl ms261.
3914dd5b8a77bf1db304bf83276be9b7.jpg

About 5 degrees F and 20-30mph winds, but brother and I found a nice spot with little wind and cut several small loads of Oak. Cold doesn't bother me much if I can get out of the wind. Echo 600p, Husq 555 and Stihl ms261.
3914dd5b8a77bf1db304bf83276be9b7.jpg
I like that pipe , is that a 550???

Sweet load, bet that didn't take long enough!!

Wind is gusting to 35 mph, guess I need to fire up a saw to deal with the debris.

View attachment 403545
Better bust out the 6 cube for that monster, good luck!!!

Got 30+ mph winds here too, not too cold, 25' ish

Burning today, not cutting, getting the Osage orange ready for tomorrow , 3 degrees above 0, been a lot milder here than last year fer sure.

Good you can help me with thisView attachment 403471Traded for it yesterday. It would rip your arm off trying to start it. Took the flywheel off and found a sheared key. New key in place hard to pull but would pop. Started taking it down and it's hard to turn the flywheel by hand. On in to it I find thisView attachment 403472Looks to me that the crank has started to separate and is rubbing the case side. Any ideas on this cold day?

Hard to see the differences on both sides. Have you tried to "square" the crank with a mallet yet? might set the crank back in center ?

make it stop. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! it was -19F last night/this morning. At least it's up to 8F right now. but then i got this in my email...

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST
MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST
MONDAY. THE BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW... BLOWING SNOW... AND BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW BEGINS SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOMES HEAVY AT
TIMES INTO SUNDAY MORNING. WINDS WILL INCREASE BY SUNDAY MORNING
CAUSING WIDESPREAD BLOWING SNOW. SNOW COMES TO AN END DURING THE
DAY SUNDAY BUT BLOWING SNOW CONTINUES INTO SUNDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS...THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MAY
LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. THIS MAY MAKE DRIVING
EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

* WINDS...NORTH 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...NEAR ZERO AT TIMES ESPECIALLY NEAR OPEN AREAS
LIKE FIELDS AND PARKING LOTS.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS
AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT
CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF
YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET
STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Latest posts

Back